Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh CL7000 fails registration auto adjust

Hi all,
    Just acquired a CL7000 and it is printing slightly out of register ( across a A4 page, more on outboard side). When I run the auto alignment it fails! Also fails Fusser adjust.
    Another problem is every so often it will print 2 black thick stripes 1/8" with 1/8" between them across the page. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Glenn

start checking/cleaning the registration sensors and check 5993 for line position adjustment result.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Clean your transfer belt rollers they get dirty and the belt slips, causing the registration too to fail. I have had this problem.
    What? HuH?

Technician
    Thanks for the input. I have done what you have suggested, cleaned ID sensor, ITB rollers and done line adjustment. Result=NG (070707). I also get SC388 on startup. Process control result 1156. The most worrying thing at the moment is the 3/16" black horizontal line across the page from side to side. It is totally random (3 sheets clean then 2 pages marked 1 clean then mark and so on) is this laser related?

Apart from all of the above the machine needs a new black pcu and is low on yellow toner and I would like to source dev units ect but the cost of these items are about double here in Australia as compared to USA!
    Is it correct that the pcu's and toner are different in 110v machines to the 220v machines? I can understand the fuser is different.

Technician paperclipsandbubblegum's Avatar
    Your Sc388 code indicates a Cyan dev gamma error and until you rectify the code your machine will never pass line position adjust. I have had to replace the transfer belt unit as a whole on occassion when cleaning and a new belt doesn't solve the problem. As for different pcu's and toner for 220v unit, I can't see it
    Good luck !!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Have dealt with this problem several time on this frame. all above advice is good only thing I could add is do 5-993-39 rough line adjustment, before 5-993-2. Not sure about line without seeing them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh CL7000 fails registration auto adjust

Having fought at length with this problem I can say you will remember it if you see it again. The random lines are a dead giveaway. The transfer belt likely has a small tear (maybe more than one) starting at the side. It bumps the cleaning blade and leaves a heavy line of toner on the belt which gets on the drums and is too heavy to clean off immediately causing the line on the copy.

Don't ask me why the the drum blades can't scrape it clean the first time around, or why it doesn't show up on the back of pages. I just know that's what happened to me.

Make sure you clean the rollers when you change the belt (blade is shot now too of course) - remember the belt is clear, so the ID sensors can see through to a dirty roller and it will fail line position adjustment.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glenng View Post
    Just acquired a CL7000
    Do you mean given to you by someone that doesn't want to pay to have it disposed of? or have it repaired because it will cost more than the machine is worth?