Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sc202 mpc1500

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Exclamation sc202 mpc1500

I know ther's been a couple of threads in relation to this but has anybody got the fix for this apart from a new engine unit(I'm not sure this expensive option is even a long term fix). I got it in again today after replacing the maint unit and ink tank a couple of weeks ago. I've been thru all the rtb's and cleaned and flushed ink heads, encoders etc.The shitbox works for a couple of weeks then up comes 'functional error' then the 202 code. Any ideas please, please????????????

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    No, replacing the engine unit isn't a long term fix, it's the only fix for the problem you're experiencing. There is a possibility it might do the same thing again 12 months down the line. I know it's a really expensive piece of kit to fit, I know it's a bastard to replace but it really, really is the only fix for your problem.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    i had the exact same problem with this machine weeks ago and spent hours and hours on it to fix it. unfortunitly i gave up and left it there in th warehouse. few weeks later i switched it on and amazingly it started working. unitil i flushed the heads and it all fukd up again. since then its still in the warehouse waiting to be thrown out for when we have a clear out at christmas.

seriously this sc code makes ur life a misery no matter what u try and do u wil always get that 202.

i also posted this problem few weeks ago too.check it out. iv got anotherproblem on this type of machine that i posted too.

have u tried updating the firmware?