Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar

MPC 3000 receiving faxes

Hi Guys

I have an MPC3000, when it is receiving faxes, it cannot process print jobs, it just hangs with them. All the latest firmware has been installed

Any ideas

E Winter
    Never had this kind of issue and we have some mpc's with fax out there....

Are there any hidden (not showed on display) SC codes listed in the logging data? Does the printer function hang up completely or is ist "on hold" during receiving a fax?

Hi Jan

Don't know about the SMC yet will look tomorrow, but this is the second call for this, last time we updated the firmware, the printer function just locks up

E Winter
    Hey Dave,

maybe it was just a coincidence that the machine was receiving a fax at the same time?

Once I got a hung up printer function because some print job or whatever from the network (it was a one time problem) did some kind of data flood. It wasn't possible to perform a "job reset" or switch the printer "offline" until I came up with the idea to disconnect the network cord....

Maybe you can try to call the custumer and ask if it's possible to check that, guess that's not too complicated.

Jan

I'll let you know tomorrow, thanks for your comments

E Winter
    You're welcome - looking forward to your next update..

Visited the machine today, the customer dhowed me a power failure report for the fax, and the SMC is showing SC991 at the same time. These 991 errors are pretty vague as far as i'm concerened, I'll give tech supprt a ring, any ideas welcome though

E Winter
    Yeah these SC9xx errors are mostly indeed a bit vague but I think there must be something specific wrong if the date/time of the error matched with the fax power failure report.

Maybe it would make sense to un- and re-install the fax-unit to make shure that all connections sit properly. But usually these power faile reports should only happen when the power supply got disconnected/interrupted. Make shure that the machine is connected to a redundant outlet. Once I had a customer who switched off all office devices with a main switch so the machine had no chance to power down properly.