Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts lightningjeremy's Avatar

ft 3713 locked up

we recently took over maint. on an ft 3713 with 87k on the meter. copies looked great, as did the rest of the machine. i went on a call for it today and i cant get it to do anything. the add toner light is on and 10 is on the numeric display. i tried to put it in sim mode, no response. i removed the dev. unit and drum assembly to clean the image density sensor, no change. it wont respond to anything. when i turn the machine on, it fires the drive up for a few seconds and thats it. what else can i do? thanx

Cool ft 3713 locked up

Good, the machine is with toner condition, you must first remove the cartridge tube of the machine. After unlocking the machine, pressing 71 + clear, until you see a light panel numeric, + clear again. If it does, you have to see the DIP switches on the back of the machine. To unlock the machine. After that, make some copies of open sky, to spend all that this toner in developing unit. Then clean the ID SENDOR, and see the values. Look to the cleaning blade is good, and the waste dump if it is empty. Beware of the ID sensor connectors. You must be very clean. Be careful not to spoil the DEVELOPER.

SP to inspect:
    End 83 Toner Counter Clear
    95 VL Correction Reset
    98 Clear Counters
    In the latter case, 99 Clear All Memory ...

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    I don't recall the meaning of '10' in the display, but it looks like the development unit is overtoned. If I'm right this machine needs preventive maintenance at 90k.

I would try to convince the customer to buy something more recent because this (analog) machine is ancient.

Cool FT 3713

Inspects Termofuser the lamp exposure, or even the lamp. The sensor lamp home position of the optical, or the car engine of optical ...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    ft 3713 locked up

Especially the car engine.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NodXygen View Post
    Good, the machine is with toner condition, you must first remove the cartridge tube of the machine. After unlocking the machine, pressing 71 + clear, until you see a light panel numeric, + clear again. If it does, you have to see the DIP switches on the back of the machine. To unlock the machine. After that, make some copies of open sky, to spend all that this toner in developing unit. Then clean the ID SENDOR, and see the values. Look to the cleaning blade is good, and the waste dump if it is empty. Beware of the ID sensor connectors. You must be very clean. Be careful not to spoil the DEVELOPER.

SP to inspect:
    End 83 Toner Counter Clear
    95 VL Correction Reset
    98 Clear Counters
    In the latter case, 99 Clear All Memory ...
    a agree with this...

the machine is toner locked, you would reset it with 83

The rest code is 96 for the toner add, than run 55 to set the 4.00v , You will probably have to run sky shots to detone the devopler so the 4.00v will read correctly.