Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Mp 4000 need help

Hi,
    My MP 4000 shows ERROR on display REPLACEMENT OF WEB IS NECCESSORY NOW, please how can I reset this error, the web is totally used, CAN i rewiend the WEB for reuse OR replace with new,Also how to RESET this messege please.
    THANKS

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Mp 4000 need help

I would replace the web as the oil is usually gone when it is used up. You may be able to rewind it a bit to get you by until you get a new one, but that's your choice to make. From the SM, when you replace the web reset SP 7806-008.
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    it would seem you are trying to service machines you have no overview or experience of, ask your boss if you can be furnished with a manual and learn what you can from that, i appreciate their are parts of the world where what we take for granted is the complete opposite, if you are a copier engineer assert yourself to your superiors as driving in fog can usually cause accidents and self created problems.

A little education saves a lot of aggravation later . webs can be inverted as a temporary solution, but remember the counts need to be reset and a new one ordered before the hot roller decays and the pressure roller will subsequently suffer.

Good luck

Thanks friends for your help,
    Yes I know it is not a good idea to reuse the WEB but here in my country we have one week holidays,thats way I was asking, next week offices will work and I should replace the WEB.
    THANKS and NICE WEEK END TO ALL

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    You need the manual to se how to change the web - its unnecessarily complex!

FYI:

On the MP 4000 there are 2 SP's to reset after replacing the Fuser Cleaning Web. SP7-806-008 and SP7-804-005 must be reset or the message will not clear. The Web is an incredible pain to replace (not one of Ricoh's better efforts), so you are miles ahead to replace it; there is no economy even trying to make it work by rewinding it part way.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    To replace the web it's a 30 min job. If you don't want to work so much you can order the complete web assy. 2 screws to detach/attach but costs twice more. (D009 4305 Cleaning Web Ass'y) It's up to you!

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    We bought a whole unit to save time in the field and rebuild it in the workshop.

People seem to like breaking the web end actuator when they change the web so it solves that problem.

There is also a tiny allen key screw that needs undoing to get the drive gear off and not everyone has an allen key that small.