Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Exclamation "Moody" MPC 6000

Hi to all. I have a challenging problem for you regarding a MPC 6000. The unit is almost new...3 months in the field and the meter is 48K in total...19K color and 29K black. Except the black that is already faded...this unit didn't generate any calls until last week when the customer start complaining about the machine ignoring print jobs. At the first visit I couldn't detect anything...the machine was printing all the tests sent. Customer called again about same problem and same thing...machine was working normal....but I found out that customer loaded paper minutes earlier...so I tested the machine with a small amount of paper (less than 50 sheets). Surprise...surprise.... In copy mode, BW or color....no problems at all. In print mode...the machine is ignoring all the jobs but is recording in the log every job is recorded as Completed .
    NJ Tech support never heard about this problem.
    Latest firmware installed...no improvement, memory clear for printer application didn't help either, SMC doesn't show anything unusual.
    Any ideas will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    User codes on ? That's what it does if you have the machine set to look for a code when printing but don't put in one.

Yup, I forgot to mention this part. No restrictions, no user codes. Customer uses PCL 6 drivers for XP on their workstaions and PCL 6 for Win 2003 for the server.
    Direct printing to the machine will produce same results.
    On main screen is blinking all the time Pending Jobs but nothing is in the queue. Apparently this problem is common for many C6000's and Ricoh will release a new firmware to correct this bug....
    But what will be the relation between a low level of paper in the trays and printing and why it will let you to copy....I don't know.
    NO fax on this unit.
    I'm thinking to clear the nvram reset the machine settings to factory default and restart with a nvram upload.

Technician
    i can't make more than 1 prints with both the pcl5e and pcl6 drivers

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
    i can't make more than 1 prints with both the pcl5e and pcl6 drivers
    'Auto continue' when enabled in the printer features is a bitch for only printing the first set or page and then ditching the rest of the print job with no warning or error logged.

The feature certainly does not work the way you think it should, we don't enable it anymore.

I will check at my first visit if Auto continue is active and deactivate it maybe it will solve the mystery. Definitely it's a really weird problem and must be either a setting done by the customer IT guy that somehow conflicts with something else confusing the machine, a glitch in the software or a defective board. The only code registered the machine only one is SC990.