Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DSc525 PCU connector

Where did you get thst infor Toner munkeh? I couldnt find it anywhere.
    Looks like in any case you still have to pull that whole drive unit out. what a pia, I have been working on this pos for 2 days with negative results. But I am memorizing how to get the drive unit out. Finally got the new unit installed with no errors (all connectors in) but CQ is shit. washed out image. Looks like dev isnt turning but there is some image so I know the drum is turning. I dont know wtf.
    Today I started at 10am and by 4pm my brain was peanut butter.
    now I am home and me and johnny walker are thinking about it

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Those part numbers do not exist on Esparto

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Whether they exist on Esparto or not (whatever it is), that's the part numbers for the connectors.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    DSc525 PCU connector

FYI: The main drive unit comes without the four dev drive gears, and one of the HV harnesses. Finally got this mother installed and running.
    I dont know why they bother to carry the connectors, it seems impossible to replace them with the frame intact.
    When I got the old unit back to the shop, I disassembled it so I could get the 2 remaining color connectors. I want one to gauge how to cut or grind down the connector on the black PCU.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    After looking at one of these drive units recently I think you're bang on - it'd be a nightmare to replace the connectors and not have the drive unit explode in a shower of gears and springs when you took it apart. The only way I think you could possibly get at those connectors without taking it apart is one of those bendy screwdrivers, like the one below.

Even then it'd probably be a nightmare.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Whether they exist on Esparto or not (whatever it is), that's the part numbers for the connectors.
    You must know what Esparto is seeing as you are in the UK or how do you order parts? If the numbers aren't on Esparto then they can't be ordered!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    You must know what Esparto is seeing as you are in the UK or how do you order parts? If the numbers aren't on Esparto then they can't be ordered!
    If your Direct you would not know about Esparto I have heard it mentioned only by dealers.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    If the numbers are not on Esparto they can still be raised on it by contacting your dealer sales.
    As for the connectors, I tried to order them but was told by Ricoh that they were not going to be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    If the numbers are not on Esparto they can still be raised on it by contacting your dealer sales.
    Good luck with that!!