Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    goodtotryanything

Network connections

Hello I have scanrouter V2 Lite and have just installed it on a new laptop to act as the delivery server. It is running windows 2000. I have been able to identify the I/O device and the printer is picking up the destinations and senders I have imported from the last delivery server.

What I have having an issue with is the new pc in the administrator utility I am not able to browse the network. The only drive I see is C: but I am clearly on the network.

Any ideas?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi goodtotryanything

I am assuming you are using version 2.0.6.0? You can not send documents to a network share. Only local Drives are supported. I believe older versions did allow you to go to a mapped share.

Hope this helps.

James

goodtotryanything
    Thanks. I am using 2.0.6 on the new pc and 1.0.1 on the old. How do I get 1.0.1? This was installed long before I was ever hired.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I think you will struggle unless someone has a copy burried in a archive. Sorry.

goodtotryanything
    Thanks I will go searching.

goodtotryanything
    Do you know how far back in version levels I need to go to be able to use network drives?

goodtotryanything
    I was able to get scanrouter V2 2.0.6.0 to be able to browse the network. All I had to do on installation is to set it to install on start up. Reboot the computer and I was able to browse the network with the utility.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vartaxe View Post
    i have a ricoh aficio 1027 does scanrouter v2 lite work on windows server 2008? thanks for helping.
    No, it will not work past Server 2003 or WinXP.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    My understanding is that network drives is available dependant on the OS it is installed on, Win2K being the preferred platform. The program isn't supposed to be installed on a server OS IIRC.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    My understanding is that network drives is available dependant on the OS it is installed on, Win2K being the preferred platform. The program isn't supposed to be installed on a server OS IIRC.
    Don't install the software on a domain controller.

Anyways, the OP already figured out that he has to run ScanRouter as a service.

He might want to keep that in mind if he ever decides to uninstall the software.