Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    davbrew2005

Scan Router Lite

Thanks for all the info. I just recently took over management of several hotel properties that are still running 2000 and these posts helped a lot.

Winter
    Hi James, Please help me solve my issue which I have with Scan Router V2 Admin utility tool .. Here is the issue :

I have the Scan router admin utility installed on a server A and my colleagues were able to scan the files and view them in the scanned folders. Life is all good .

Now, I was asked to remap this scanner settings to server B (so we can make the Server B the file server).
    1. I installed the application on server B by running setup.exe and finally got it to launch.
    2. Opened the admin tool from the server menu go to set I/O device and gave the IP address of my scanner.
    3. Then in the destination table, I rightclicked to add a new user and the app crashes of a sudden .
    When I relaunch it, it displays a message that administrator is already logged on , it shows the host name (Server B) and username (my name).

Could you help me resolve this .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi There,

I have seen this behaviour before but I'm not sure i have a resolution for you, what OS and Scanrouter version are you using?

It is however possible to kill the process controlling the login. I will reply again tomorrow with the process name.

Winter
    Thanks for your reply. OS is windows 2003,SP2 and scan router version is 2.0.6.0 ..

I'm facing a new issue. Please let me know if you can help.

1. I have been following your steps in setting up the scan router . Since I could not add destination users, I tried to add I/O device and added the scanner IP address that was originally added on Server A. (since the printer was the same)
    Is it that scanner only sees one server at a time ? coz all the scanner folders on my printer were lost and could not find them now. But i see them on the scan router admin utility tool .

Also, I was trying to trouble shoot issues and one of the attempt was to stop and restart scan router driver service from Administrator tools->services.

Not sure if that had any implication, when I launch my scan router utility ,status shows as unknown. When i click resume services, it says this operation cannot be performed since the delivery scheduler has not been started. Please help how can I deal with this.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi Winter,

Just intalled on a 2003 box and I have it working OK. Do you have anything else on the server? An earlier post stated it can't be installed on a DC and I have had issues on SBS because of this. I have also had issues installing on servers with symantec antivirus installed.

As a start point though I would delete the connection to the MFP fromthe old scanrouter box and also the new one. Then recreate the connection in the I/O dialog box so you can start a fresh.

Let me know how you get on.

Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by IDSTechnical View Post
    Hi Winter,

Just intalled on a 2003 box and I have it working OK. Do you have anything else on the server? An earlier post stated it can't be installed on a DC and I have had issues on SBS because of this. I have also had issues installing on servers with symantec antivirus installed.

As a start point though I would delete the connection to the MFP fromthe old scanrouter box and also the new one. Then recreate the connection in the I/O dialog box so you can start a fresh.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi James,

Awaiting your reply as this issue is a show stopper for me. Anyway thank you comming back. To start with, this server is not a DC . It does not have Symantec antivirus. System doesnt have much of softwares on it but it has a lot of data .

Like you said, I deleted from the old scan router and added in the new one. It added fine with no issues. Next thing I tried is to resume services. The status at the left bottom displays 'service status unknown' . CLicked Server --> resume services . It shows the message 'this operation cannot be performed since the delivery services has not been started' . And then I tried to add a new destination user but the app crashed as usual. Please help.

Winter

Winter
    James, Im trying to look in the scan router folder C:Programfiles\RDS if I can find any executable for delivery scheduler . I have found DdsLaunch.exe which is the exe for delivery services, double clicked but looks like nothing happened.

Winter

Winter
    Also I could not see the undelivered data in tray option in the delivery table in new server. I had suspended services on the old one, delete the undelivered doc's in the undelivered data tray of the old one. Not sure what went wrong here.

Kekersguy

Re: Richo ScanRouter v2 Lite Setup Help

Quote Originally Posted by solorajder View Post
    I have a problem to connect MP171 with scanrouter.
    When I try to connect MP 171 with scanrouter "set I/O device, add.., browse..," the machine is present on I/O list, but when I click OK, I get a message "The selected I/O device is not switched on, or is not available on this network", but MP171 is turned on and printer is working.
    It is the same if I write IP of machine instead of browse.
    I also connect MPC2000 with the same procedure and I don't have any problem.
    Got any idea what could be wrong?

I am experiencing th same problem, did you manage to get your issue resolved, any help or pointer appreciated.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Richo ScanRouter v2 Lite Setup Help

Re: Richo ScanRouter v2 Lite Setup Help

Quote Originally Posted by Kekersguy View Post
    I am experiencing th same problem, did you manage to get your issue resolved, any help or pointer appreciated.
    Scanrouter does not work on these newer units. No software is required.
    Setup scan to folder via SMB/ FTP, or scan to email