Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    svanwass

Talking Richo ScanRouter v2 Lite Setup Help

I have a Richo Aficio 1045 in my office I would like to setup ScanRouter v2 Lite with. Could someone please walk me through what needs to be set up in the application to allow the scan to file (PDF) function?

Aficio = 192.168.1.102
    Server (XP Pro) = 192.168.1.3

Thanks!

-Steve

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Wink

Fill in the delivery server IP in the 1045 (System Settings - File Transfer), and fill in the device IP (=Aficio 1045) in the ScanRouter Light Admin tool.

These are the most important things to do. To write a complete walkthrough is a lot of work so I suggest you take a look at the help files on the CD. You can easily create shortcuts on the machine's display to shared folders on the network. If the Windows XP firewall is blocking the scans, add port 1022 to the exeption list in the Windows Firewall.

svanwass
    I have filled in the destination on the 1045.

How does the sender and destination in ScanRouter v2 Lite relate to your reply?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Wink

It's a long time ago that I've set up ScanRouter, but there is a tool called Smart Device Monitor for Admin. This tool has an Adress Book Editor, which can be used to create the shortcuts to shared folders. I know it can be a bit complicated. Good Luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Talking

Setting up scanrouter lite is quite easy so long as you have the correct information up front.

Firstly make sure your using the last version 2.6.0 this is the only one I have found works with XP pro correctly.

I have attached a RIcoh white paper if your installing on SP2 or later and have the firewall enabled. Follow pages 18 for scanrouter pro, if you don't you may get so far but no scans.

1. So first do the install from setup.exe
    2. then follow pages 18 re scanrouter pro form the attached white paper
    3. Open the admin tool and from the server menu go to set I/O device
    4. choose add and enter the ip address of the copier
    5. scanrouter will ask for a name for this copier (this must be unique for each mfd)
    6. then in the destination table right click and choose add new user
    7. follow the on screen prompts to scan to a windows file
    8. you should be able to set the type to pdf here also.

When setting up the scanrouter options (IO device & destination table) the software communicates with the MFD. You shouldn't need to do anything on the MFD in most cases.

The address book tool in SDM for admin will allow emails, fax and folder destinations to be programmed into a machine supporting an internal address book. 2022/2035 onwards from memory. The 1045 does not have an address book so I dont think will help in this instance.

Not exactly step by step but from my memory this should give you enough to get you up and running ok. Any problems feel free to email me anytime.

James

P.S. 1045 has got to be due for an upgrade by now then you can do away with scanrouter forever!
    Attached Files Attached Files

svanwass
    James!

You are my hero!

I followed your directions and it is working! The only thing I had to do different was when I was attempting to add the I/O device, I had to power off the 1045. If I didn't I always got an error message!

I have suggested moving on past the 1045, but its always on deaf ears. Oh well....

Thanks again!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    No worries mate glad I can help.

We still have a number of customers out there with this type of machine 1045, 1027 needing scanrouter so we still have to offer some kind of support even though Ricoh have stopped supporting it.

Not sure why you would have to power off the device itself but if it works now see how it goes.

Anything else drop me a line, always happy to help.

remaxmasters

LD118

I have a problem receiving scans in XP if the firewall is turned on but no problem if the firewall is turned off. Would there be a specific port to forward other than 1022 (I tried both TCP and UDP).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi Remax,

The ports to open should be 3670 TCP, 135 TCP, 50305 UDP.
    Also in dcomcnfg you should open around 10 ports I use 6000 - 6010

To do this run dcomcnfg expand 'Component Services', 'Computers', right click on 'My Computer' goto 'Properties'. Choose 'Default Protocols' then select 'Connection-orientated TCP/IP' click properties here and add the ports 6000 - 6010 as above on the 'intranet range'

Once you've done this your scanrounter should work with the XP firewall turned on.

If your getting firewall settings pushed down via group policy then you would need to tweak the policy on your server.

Hope you get it working but if not post a reply.

Thanks
    James

remaxmasters
    BANG!

Just after I made my own post I found another person on the forums that had a similar issue - 3670 UDP/TCP got us working, thanks so much for the quick and helpful response