Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mp9000 waste toner full over and over indication

MP9000 machine indicates waste toner bottle is full when both of them are emptied, we have removed the side cover (faces finisher and at the bottom cleaned the black wheel gear and sensor, cleaned sensor at the pump unit and have also done sp 2972 and set it to 0 the user made over 9000 copies and the error is back at least I made the machine last longer today but I have been there 5 times in 3 days I have already ordered the sensor, and a new waste toner bottle.
    Any other advice is highly appreciated
    You just got Pwned by an STI
    Experience Subaru Power

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTSTI View Post
    MP9000 machine indicates waste toner bottle is full when both of them are emptied, we have removed the side cover (faces finisher and at the bottom cleaned the black wheel gear and sensor, cleaned sensor at the pump unit and have also done sp 2972 and set it to 0 the user made over 9000 copies and the error is back at least I made the machine last longer today but I have been there 5 times in 3 days I have already ordered the sensor, and a new waste toner bottle.
    Any other advice is highly appreciated

You need to enter “0” in SP2-950-001 and turn the
    machine power off and back on, thats it.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    There are two sensors just replace them both. One is on the drive that turns the auger in the bottle you access it from the side. The other that actually tells the bottle is full is on the auger that is shoved into the bottle when you put the bottle in. You get to that one from the back. If you look at the back of the toner bank it's near the motor there is a big gear with a flag cutting through it.

They are both the same part number.

Ricoh Technician 50+ Posts
    Msaeger is right sensor "G" is dirty or replace this happend to me last week!!!

Dirty or Defective Toner Collection Bottle Overflow Sensor [G]
    Clogged Toner Collection Coil [E]
    Toner Collection Bottle is full

System Explanation
    The capacity of the toner collection bottle is approximately 1800 grams (A4 6%:650K). When the toner collection bottle starts to fill up, the toner agitator coil [A] becomes harder to turn. When this occurs, the actuator plate [B] does not rotate because the agitator coil drive gear [C] has a torque limiter, and the output of the toner collection bottle agitator sensor [D] becomes constant. At this time, the operation panel indicates that the toner collection bottle is nearly full. After this, about 200K sheets can be printed until the bottle becomes full.
    When the toner collection bottle is full, the toner collection coil [E] becomes harder to turn. When this occurs, the actuator plate [F] does not rotate, and the output of the toner collection bottle overflow sensor [G] becomes constant. In this condition, the operation panel LCD indicates “Toner Full”, all copy paper in the paper feed
    path is fed out, and printing stops.
    If the toner bottle is not properly installed inside the toner bank, the toner collection bottle sensor [H] detects this condition and the operation panel LCD displays error messages (used toner bottle is not set correctly).
    [Action]
    Change toner collection bottle if full.
    Clean and/or replace the Toner Collection Bottle Overflow Sensor
    Clean and/or replace the toner collection coil.

Technician 250+ Posts
    There is a bulletin about this problem. Ricoh came out with a cover for the sensor that keeps toner from contaminating it. I would replace the sensor and add the new cover. That should get rid of the issue.

Thanks for the info I am headed there in the morning will let you all know how I make out, I found the same documentation in the gooses guide.
    PCDL mentioned nothing until I did the FSD sync to update the answers.
    You just got Pwned by an STI
    Experience Subaru Power

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    You can't trust that thing to be up to date even when you sync it. I always just go look at TSC.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Mp9000 waste toner full over and over indication

Quote Originally Posted by mtech View Post
    There is a bulletin about this problem. Ricoh came out with a cover for the sensor that keeps toner from contaminating it. I would replace the sensor and add the new cover. That should get rid of the issue.
    Sounds interesting...
    would you mind to give me the Parts Number of the Cover?
    I can't find the Tech Report here in Germany

Thanks in Advance

Herrmann
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    we have also found it to be the clutch well worth cleaning out if you are in that area we have also change 2 toner banks complet as when they get to about 3M they realybegin to leak toner all over the sensrs etc woul also love the part number of the sensor cover thanks in advance

Technician 250+ Posts
    The bulletin I was talking about was for a Ricoh 2090/2105 but it is the same problem. Check out bulletin B070/071-026 There is a cover that prevents toner from contaminating the sensor. Even if the machine model is different I would bet that the problem is the same! At the very least it can help you find the issue.