Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Yeah I went to one today that look like wax too so I guess the bulletin is probably right

Maybe I will try running one without a lube bar.

Technician
    maybe just removing the springs on the lube bar might help. Could the pressure of the springs being forcing too much wax onto the brush? The 3260 seemed to work fine with just gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by bbapst View Post
    maybe just removing the springs on the lube bar might help. Could the pressure of the springs being forcing too much wax onto the brush? The 3260 seemed to work fine with just gravity.
    The 3260 had that weight on it but yeah maybe changing the pressure would help. I have one I have been messing with. They make tons of pages with the whole page blue so they keep getting lines on cyan. Last time I took the brush out of the cyan charge roller and it has gone for quite a while but I don't know how many copies. Next time maybe I will so something with the lube bar.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    I think (I Know) you will find that without the lube bar the drum surface will be ruined in no time flat!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

I was thinking along the lines of yanking the springs, too. Maybe stretching them is a better plan.

What's really needed is a more effective charge cleaning roller - that foam thing just doesn't cut it. Has anybody though about trying to hack in the brush from an MP4000 or something like that? An actual brush type charge roller cleaner would seem to be much more effective to me - and dirty charge rollers don't seem to be among the persistent problems with the MP4000's (at least the charge roller is no more filthy than the rest of the PCDU) I have no idea if it will fit, just throwing it out there.

Had a different problem with one today - See new thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...tml#post103116
    73 DE W5SSJ

I thought about the MP4000 brush I tried putting one in and it wasn't long enough. Anyone think of a machine with a brush like that, that is longer ? I still haven't gotten a call about the one I took the brush out of.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    I feel your pain Shadow1. I expected to see a better product after 3260 and 5560 and when 6000 came out I start dreaming bout Pro 550...
    Now I'm out of resources and I can tell you that these machines are a lost cause.
    From preflight these machine are throuwing SC 672's, dev is leaking from it's original container and many other issues right from the box.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have solved it!!

Hi. I am an engineer from the uk who had the same problem with the lines. They don't appear from new or from a full service until 40k then they are there every 10k max. The problem as pointed out is the wax bar wax going onto the charge roller. When the wax bar is new it's fine but as it wears it gets spiky bits on the edge which break up and go into the system and as it's wax and the machine is warm the lumps melt onto the charge roller. The reason for the wax bar to go like this is that there is to much pressure on the brush from the bar. The black unit does do it but you get the problem around 150-200k. Reason being the spring tensions are lighter on the black than CMY. So change the wax bars....renew the CMY springs, 2 per unit at £4 ($6) a set and you are good for 150-200k. Worked brilliantly on my machine and no more lines.
    Hope that helps. It's only 30mins work and don't forget to vac the brush

Good luck.
    Timmytronic.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Oh don't forget to change the CMY springs with the ones used in the black unit. Different part number and look black not silver as the CMY are. :0)

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    The only cure for the problems on this machine is to replace it with a Minolta C652! BLINDING by comparison!