Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

Smile

Hi. I don't know that machine in particular but I have serviced the bizhub 500 and it's harder to service than these machines and the ricoh's are better value. I have had many ricoh's get past a million colours but when I serviced canon and monolta they never seemed to be popular with the customers compared to the Ricoh.

Anyway hope your having fun in copier land :0)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've never serviced them, but I suspect the Canon is a better designed machine (couldn't be much worse than this beast) its just that the user interface on the Ricoh is much better. That's all the customer usually gets to see - they don't care what goes on in the guts of the thing as long as the op panel makes sense to them.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi. I don't know that machine in particular but I have serviced the bizhub 500 and it's harder to service than these machines and the ricoh's are better value. I have had many ricoh's get past a million colours but when I serviced canon and monolta they never seemed to be popular with the customers compared to the Ricoh.

Anyway hope your having fun in copier land :0)

Bizhub C652 is ALL UNIT BASED unlike the 500. can be serviced in half an hour. interface is not that much harder. But some customers just don't like them. swing and roundabouts

Re: I have solved it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi. I am an engineer from the uk who had the same problem with the lines. They don't appear from new or from a full service until 40k then they are there every 10k max. The problem as pointed out is the wax bar wax going onto the charge roller. When the wax bar is new it's fine but as it wears it gets spiky bits on the edge which break up and go into the system and as it's wax and the machine is warm the lumps melt onto the charge roller. The reason for the wax bar to go like this is that there is to much pressure on the brush from the bar. The black unit does do it but you get the problem around 150-200k. Reason being the spring tensions are lighter on the black than CMY. So change the wax bars....renew the CMY springs, 2 per unit at £4 ($6) a set and you are good for 150-200k. Worked brilliantly on my machine and no more lines.
    Hope that helps. It's only 30mins work and don't forget to vac the brush

Good luck.
    Timmytronic.
    Hm, that sounds quiet promissing to me.
    Anyone here who tried it ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

No - but I agree that this is worth a shot

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    No - but I agree that this is worth a shot
    Hi

I have totally solved this with another thing I had done. Sounds odd but you will see it works. The Charge roller is covered in a matt brown coating, I assume to roll on the drum as a shiny surface may not off. Well I had a charge roller lining up and to a point that it needed replacing but I did not have one. When I was cleaning the roller with a rag it was not good enough so I used a green scourer, like the type you have in the kitchen, white as well...haha. Anyway...I cleaned it using that and noticed the brown coating came off leaving the white smooth roller of the charge roller. You can see this on the ends of the charge roller before you clean one. I had no choice but to just clean it up and try it. The roller looks very white and flawless. This has been a brilliant idea as no toner or wax can stick to the roller as its slippier than the brown coating but still rolls on the drum. I have done this on 16 units now and saved a bomb in charge rollers as I cant yet see any other reason why I need to replace them. Every service I clean them as normal and VAC the machine and all is well.

Hope that helps to all

Tim

Every service I clean them as normal and VAC the machine and all is well.
    Can you estimate the yields between the need of charge roller cleaning with and without the original coating? THis sounds interesting, too - I think I've read about this for the smaller MPCs. Still I'd also try to install the black wax bar spring for the colors to decrease the amount of wax coating the drum, messing the cleaning blades and finally the cleaning blades. I was thinking aboutleaving out a wax bar completely during PM to get a comparison - there's also some amount of wax in the toner IIRC, maybe that's enough - maybe not^^.

One should try PM'ing the three yolor units with different mods to get a comparison.

"Unfortunately" we only have a few machines in the field with low printout volume so it might take some time until the next PM and finally some more time to see the differences.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Can you estimate the yields between the need of charge roller cleaning with and without the original coating? THis sounds interesting, too - I think I've read about this for the smaller MPCs. Still I'd also try to install the black wax bar spring for the colors to decrease the amount of wax coating the drum, messing the cleaning blades and finally the cleaning blades. I was thinking aboutleaving out a wax bar completely during PM to get a comparison - there's also some amount of wax in the toner IIRC, maybe that's enough - maybe not^^.

One should try PM'ing the three yolor units with different mods to get a comparison.

"Unfortunately" we only have a few machines in the field with low printout volume so it might take some time until the next PM and finally some more time to see the differences.
    Hiya

I would not take out the wax bars, you will get an over heated drum which will cause dakering. (dev lines on the drum) The wax bar is a lubriaction which makes less friction, hence heat.

The machines still want a VAC out at about 40-60k as thats how they are. I have updated all the firmware and replaced the devs before and they still get dusty eventually. My customers are varied as well from toner amounts, eg one uses loads and has very little coverage on its jobs. When I do VAC them out the Charge Rollers are just not an issue with lines which use to come about at 10k

Hope that all helps again and godo luck with your machines

Tim

I would not take out the wax bars, you will get an over heated drum which will cause dakering. (dev lines on the drum) The wax bar is a lubriaction which makes less friction, hence heat.
    Yeah I know that ricoh didn't isntalled these for fun but you're right - better test this with a unit that is close to the PM yield in case the drum/blades won't survive

But still it's probably important to reduce the amount of wax because the cleaning blades seems not to handle this well - probably a reason why the machines tends to spill the toner - well, at least the C,M,Y units. Black runs better - thanks to the charge corona any maybe the different spring for the wax bar.

trottinbob

I have about 20 of these in the field. Try my alteration. Take a standard paperclip and open it up and shape / stretch it out to and S so it has a hook on each end and reattach your springs to each end . You can play with the length to adjust (loosen) your tension. Seems to work on the bulk of my machines.

You can also mess with adjusting the toner density with a few sp.'s.

try sp 3531 the ProCon Target and lower the toner amounts from default 45 down to 43 or 42. (Just the colors) leave black alone

sp3004 try raising the voltage from default 1.3 up a little at each call. Higher the voltage the lower the density.

I have other sp's I adjust but these two seem to help.