Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

Re: Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

Quote Originally Posted by trottinbob View Post
    I have about 20 of these in the field. Try my alteration. Take a standard paperclip and open it up and shape / stretch it out to and S so it has a hook on each end and reattach your springs to each end . You can play with the length to adjust (loosen) your tension. Seems to work on the bulk of my machines.

You can also mess with adjusting the toner density with a few sp.'s.

try sp 3531 the ProCon Target and lower the toner amounts from default 45 down to 43 or 42. (Just the colors) leave black alone

sp3004 try raising the voltage from default 1.3 up a little at each call. Higher the voltage the lower the density.

I have other sp's I adjust but these two seem to help.
    Hi Bob

Will that stop the machines from blowing so much toner. I find I have alot of toner dumped under the dev roller on the ledge which eventually starts dropping. This does happen around 50k even if I have fitted all new parts, dev and on all machines regardless if they do alot of coverage or not. All firmware up dated as well. Why not on the black as well as the black still does the same.? I don't want to lose any quality of course.

Thanks. Tim.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

I can understand your frustration. We had a C7500 that was working perfectly.

Then the customer moved offices and so did the machine, and all hell broke lose! Toner SC codes, light copies, you name it, it did it. It would even block up the toner supply pipes!

In the end we changed the whole toner supply rail, bracket and all - and the tantrums went away!

I'm with you on the 5560 - even the colour contrast was better on the 5560 by miles!

trottinbob

Will that stop the machines from blowing so much toner ? Nothing stops this machine from "blowing toner"

Now we all know that.......
    all you can do is try to "tweak" the settings of Process Control, when its run, adjust the toner density getting into each PCU , adjust the voltage. At every call
    I do at these machines I observe how much Color and which Color is the biggest problem and I tweak the machine ..... just a bit. After 3 - 5 calls I
    can say I get them to improve. They really react to the temp/humidity and self adjust themselves so its an ongoing battle. If your really blasting a color
    I set it to get less toner(sp3531), raise the voltage a little (sp3004) and try changing sp3501-3 Density adjust mode to 2 (Default is 0).

If your Cyan is "blowing" all over the transfer lift sensor in the back, this is NOT caused by a leaking cyan PCU or DEV unit but by the fan in the front,
    blowing cyan toner thru the cleaning unit casing and comes out the back . I have modified the back side by "blocking or diverting" the airflow the opposite way
    with a small cutout (cardboard) shaped at where the air comes out. I did this at the same time I made my adjustments mentioned and replaced the Cyan toner pump
    to boot.

The lube bar / brush roller system is the cause of the lines on the charge rollers.... I have talked to many C6000 techs and everyone has "their way" of dealing with
    the beast. I clean the "charge roller cleaning roller" at every call or replace it. I am trying to apply less pressure (paper clip I mentioned) on the lube bar pressing onto the brush roller and my charge rollers seem to get more life. But I do use a lot of charge rollers. ( I also use the B132 charge rollers & cleaning rollers )

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trottinbob View Post
    Will that stop the machines from blowing so much toner ? Nothing stops this machine from "blowing toner"

Now we all know that.......
    all you can do is try to "tweak" the settings of Process Control, when its run, adjust the toner density getting into each PCU , adjust the voltage. At every call
    I do at these machines I observe how much Color and which Color is the biggest problem and I tweak the machine ..... just a bit. After 3 - 5 calls I
    can say I get them to improve. They really react to the temp/humidity and self adjust themselves so its an ongoing battle. If your really blasting a color
    I set it to get less toner(sp3531), raise the voltage a little (sp3004) and try changing sp3501-3 Density adjust mode to 2 (Default is 0).

If your Cyan is "blowing" all over the transfer lift sensor in the back, this is NOT caused by a leaking cyan PCU or DEV unit but by the fan in the front,
    blowing cyan toner thru the cleaning unit casing and comes out the back . I have modified the back side by "blocking or diverting" the airflow the opposite way
    with a small cutout (cardboard) shaped at where the air comes out. I did this at the same time I made my adjustments mentioned and replaced the Cyan toner pump
    to boot.

The lube bar / brush roller system is the cause of the lines on the charge rollers.... I have talked to many C6000 techs and everyone has "their way" of dealing with
    the beast. I clean the "charge roller cleaning roller" at every call or replace it. I am trying to apply less pressure (paper clip I mentioned) on the lube bar pressing onto the brush roller and my charge rollers seem to get more life. But I do use a lot of charge rollers. ( I also use the B132 charge rollers & cleaning rollers )

Hi.

Thanks for our tips I will give it a go. With the charge rollers I hardly replace mine now as like I said I just clean the brown coating off once they start lining and they never give trouble. I only replace them at the service interval as the ends wear on them eventually. The surface is to smooth for anything to to stick to them...eg wax and the cleaner roller has a better life as the roller is not so rough.

Hope that helps.

Tim.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Nothing stops this machine from "blowing toner"
    I agree - there is no reliable way to get this under control. One might think a unit is blowing toner because the toner/dev ratio includes too much toner but If you check the printout quality the densitiy is usually more or less light, especially compared to all smaller MPC engines.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hiya

Did anyone find a way to stop the toner from being dumped. I have a machine which just won't stop. I have renewed 2 of the devs to see if that helps and a full drum, blade, bars etc on that unit and they still do it regardless. I have other machines which are spotless. Maybe I need to renew the dev units.

Any help would be fab.

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Been a while since I had to work on one of these beasties, but I remember experimenting with some things that may or may not help - maybe some of the other techs can verify these.

First, I was told (although I never did try it) that the Peltier cooling device from the B132 machines could be fitted to the later series, and did help control the problem.

Something the doubled or tripled the service interval for me was replacing the lube bar springs in the color units with the same part number as in the black unit. The black unit springs have a lot less tension, and it keeps the sharp points that form on those wax bars from breaking off and migrating past the drum blade. It also helps lessen the buildup between the drum blades.

I have tried leaving out the lower drum blade with mixed results. It depends on what the customer is printing - usually I could get away with it, but some machines would have a strange ghostly offsetting like problem. This also helped speed up the PM's on that awful PCU design.

Heard several techs would Rain-X the charge rollers with good results.

Tried leaving the overflow auger cam off of the developer, and that worked for months, until the humidity changed with the rainy season, then some of those dev units started getting backed up. Played with cutting some of the coils off that overflow auger and opening and closing different overflow "ports" along that upper channel to control how much developer was allowed to be dumped. I got assigned to a different segment of machines before I had any definite results, but it looked like I could prevent the developer from being depleted with this method, and I believe that is what eventually leads to these machines self destructing CQ issues.

If all else fails, there are very few problems that cannot be solved using a liberal application of high explosives.
    73 DE W5SSJ