Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Aficio MPC - 7500 CHARGE ROLLERS LINES

I am facing horizotal charge rollers lines over colour copy
    counter of thr m/c is below 50,000 total copy count.
    After cleaning charge rollers it appears again after below
    5000 copy. Any advise to reduce charge rollers lines.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    This problem is VERY common, in fact 50k is quite good. I have seen them fails as soon as 17k. There is no cure as I see it (and I see on average 3 of this model per day every day), the MPC 7500 and 6000 are very poor high volume machines with all sorts of ongoing and unresolved issues. All I can tell you is make sure your drum cleaning areas are vacummed out each call and keep an eye on the blades and lube bars. Also you can with a bit of care fit the charge and cleaning rollers out of 3260/5560 charge units to the 7500 housings (I have had to do this from time to time). They are the same actual rollers. You will have to put up with endless jamming in the inverters and loss of density problems for years to come. All of the techs I work with are really starting to get very negative about this model as Ricoh seems to want to just brush these obvious problems under the carpet and pretend all is well.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Does putting the 3260 ones in there help ?

Technician paperclipsandbubblegum's Avatar
    The only time I get 50K from my charge rollers is after a dev change...after that its all down hill. I'm getting as few as 15k in many cases. FYI the Pro C series machines are no better. I'm dealing with the exact same problems. The 3260/5560 was by far a superior machine.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Unfortunately the charge rollers are the same and so there is no difference in the poor life span. The problem seems to be related to the idea of spacing the roller a small distance from the drum, the canons and xerox I have worked on with the foam style contact charge rollers never had these problems.

All I can say is these sort of ongoing faults guarentee my employment for years to come.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't have charge roller problems quite as bad as you guys do - too much humidity here in Mississippi - but I have endless problems with machines failing developer init, low density, jams in the exit / inverter, and what's with that goofball stripper assembly.

Not to mention it takes 3 times as long to PM the PCU's - what dumbass designed that?

I've warned all my salespeople - I don't want to see another of these in my accounts. The MPC4000 will stretch to cover the MPC6000 customers, and honestly, they can put 2 40ppm machines in place of a MPC7500 and the customer will be much happier.

The C900 is a different animal - its built like a tank and the PM is really easy. My guess is they've taken all the engineers and put them to work on the C900 and new Katana's because these machines are every bit as good as the C7500 is pathetic.

Ricoh isn't stupid, they have to know that they're about to get their a$$ kicked by the competition at these volume levels, and yet they won't fix the obvious problems with these machines. Either they have the engineers locked in a tower and there is a breakdown in communication or something is going on that we don't know about.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC - 7500 Charge rollers lines

Thanks for all response.I will apply all your knowledge as i am new in
    MPC-7500. Let i will have to cop up with these problems of charge
    rollers and paper jam.
    Thanks

Check Service Bulletin 066 on TSRC - basically all it says is to clean the roller and check the lube blade, that Lube leaks past the blade under low temp/humidity conditions. I'm in Mississippi, and we have neither low temp nor low humidity, and yet I still see this way too often (some of y'all seem to have it much worse though)

I wonder if there would be any way to convert all the drums to a wire system like the black. Probably not since the wire and grid are regulated indepentently.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I don't really think the lube is what's getting on there. I see the same kind of lines on machines that don't have lube bars. I just hope next time they use four coronas and get rid of the charge rollers. I suppose I could try running one without a lube bar and see what happens.

I just cleaned one up Monday that was built up pretty thick and certainly could have been lube... and it worked less than 48 hours when it severely undertoned on black and magenta, threw an SC410. Cleaned ID sensors, and got a SC348 as I was trying to force some toner back into the thing. It was after 5:00, customer had left at 4:30, and I was ready to set it on fire, so I get to start back on it in the morning. I'm just thrilled about that.

This is one I'm seriously trying to replace with a Pro C900 (which uses 4 charge wires and can run circles around a whole pile of MPC7500's and Pro C700's) so I don't mind if it acts up a bit, but I still need it to run good enough so the customer doesn't get soured on the tech.

Pity is that this machine would behave itself sooooooooo much better with a charge roller / cleaning roller upgrade, and firmware that actually looked at the toner density once in a while and dumped a little toner in before the pages were almost blank. Not that I expect them to do anything, after all, the MP4000 still pukes developer at less than half PM, and that was a holdover from the MP3500

WAKE UP RICOH - Cannon Konica Minolta Kyocera Mita Panasonic Sharp Toshiba and Xerox all have machines speed /volume range, and you better believe they're not going to sit back and just let Ricoh have the market share, because they certainly haven't earned it.

O.K. I vented - I feel better. It just aggrivates the snot out of me that my customers are getting dumped on like that, Ricoh won't hardly acknowledge there is a problem, but its my fault the customer is unhappy with the performance of the machine.
    73 DE W5SSJ