Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Mpc7500 / 6000 low density possible cure!

Trickle feed developer? Is the toner partially developer?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Trickle feed developer? Is the toner partially developer?
    Yup, 10% of each toner is developer. The theory is that as its continually renewing the dev the copy density remains even. Well that was the theory!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Any News on this??

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    I will be writing up a full report soon, however I can tell you that I have been watching these machines (the 2 moded ones) and neither of them have had any problem or call since! I also know that both of them have completed over 40k each. I will wait at least a month and then open up devs and have a look etc. I can tell you that quite a few of our other techs have performed this mod and we have seen no problems at all!! I am not going to say this is 100% cure BUT it does seem to work and has no drawbacks and is very easy to implment. Stay tuned.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    TOP MAN!!

Will be trying this on the 2 machines giving me trouble as soon as I can get to them!!

Incidently, One thing that does cause all Ricoh colour machines to run slightly grey on B+W copies is the default original type setting of "text / photo" mode. changing this to "text" and locking as default will also give a 5% -ish increase in full black solids.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Ok here is the wrap up. I have visited both of my trial machines - which have both performed faultlessly (zero calls) for nearly 2 months. Both of these machines had serious issues and in one case the customer was demanding a new machine. To cut a long story short the mod seems to offer much improved reliability and stability of the devs. I opened up the colour devs and inspected the level of dev and unlike previously it was still where i would expect it to be, interestingly the only reason for this call was charge roller lines - the C/Q was still as strong as it was when I did the mod 63000 pages ago. This machine was going light in just 15k previous. The machine that has only the K dev modded has been transformed - from one that the cust wanted gone and call after call - to one that just had its first call in 2 months (once again cyan charge roller lines). The c/q was still exacly the same as the samples I took when I performed the mod.

We have performed this mod on approx ten machines now and there has not been one that has shown any negative effects.

So the conclusions I make are this 1; Ricoh has not got trickle feed development right in this model (not even close) 2; removing drive to the feed out auger significantly improved machine stability and reliability with no negative effects.

Go for it.

This is really good info. Thanks for the feedback.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback. I will apply to mod on one machine next week so I will post feedback.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetboy View Post
    Ok here is the wrap up. I have visited both of my trial machines - which have both performed faultlessly (zero calls) for nearly 2 months. Both of these machines had serious issues and in one case the customer was demanding a new machine. To cut a long story short the mod seems to offer much improved reliability and stability of the devs. I opened up the colour devs and inspected the level of dev and unlike previously it was still where i would expect it to be, interestingly the only reason for this call was charge roller lines - the C/Q was still as strong as it was when I did the mod 63000 pages ago. This machine was going light in just 15k previous. The machine that has only the K dev modded has been transformed - from one that the cust wanted gone and call after call - to one that just had its first call in 2 months (once again cyan charge roller lines). The c/q was still exacly the same as the samples I took when I performed the mod.

We have performed this mod on approx ten machines now and there has not been one that has shown any negative effects.

So the conclusions I make are this 1; Ricoh has not got trickle feed development right in this model (not even close) 2; removing drive to the feed out auger significantly improved machine stability and reliability with no negative effects.

Go for it.
    Do us a favour and report this to Ricoh's tech support. They might issue an RTB with this information on.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Do us a favour and report this to Ricoh's tech support. They might issue an RTB with this information on.
    haha, you're kidding, right?

A+; Network +; PDI+