Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

e7000 2-way communication (3260c)

Windows 2000 server, on same subnet as e7000, using PS driver. Can ping, print, and use finishing options if they are forced, but print queue fails to auto-detect options or consumables.

I removed queue, restarted Print Spooler, deleted drivers, and re-downloaded/shared, no resolve. Check for patches, unit is 1.2.0, all patches are there. I rebooted fiery/copier in correct order.

Original complaint was that users would print from their workstations and every few days machine would hang for a while with a "waiting on 2-way communications" type of error (I didn't see it). 'Doesn't happen now with 2-way communcations turned off on server queue, but i manually had to add option so they could use finisher.

I guess what I'm asking is.. What communcations protocol is behind the transfer of information from the e7000/copier to the print queue. I can't believe anything is blocking - Win2k has no firewall, doesn't look like there's a 3rd party firewall either. Any similar field experiences?

E Winter
    Check for patches, unit is 1.2.0
    I can't see a 1.2 in my ricoh service portal - is that really the most recent version? WOuld be great if someone could upload this on a one click hoster and leave my a pm.

I've a little issue with a 5560c/e7000

Sometimes when the machine is in standby it doesn't wake up but the fiery seems to receive the print job because after turning the machine off/on it's printing the "Missing" job.

Any experiences?

thx