Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP7000 PM parts

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Discharge Plate (is it the "Antistatic Plate"?)
    Not necessary to change. Its on the transfer unit - just clean it.

Pressure Cleaning Roller (is it the roller pressing the web agains the fuser roller?)
    This is the metal roller that cleans the pressure roller. Just clean it with solvent.

Pressure Cleaning Roller Bearings (I only see bushings - manual mistake?)
    They are bushings.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I think that's safe you will have to do the web before then though. I don't remember doing any at 300k.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Nice. So that means that I can safely add at least 50% or 75% more copies to the PM counter for next time's PM (Like 450k or 500k instead of the standard 300k) on this machine?
    Be careful!

There may be differences between the MP6000 and the MP6001.

The MP6000 model code in the UK is D052 and the PM kit numbers normally start with a similar prefix (robably the same kit as earlier models, B246). Also, in the UK the latest PM kits DO come with developer. The list given by Jomama46 assumes that the ADF has beeen used for EVERY copy! check the counters via the SMC report to confirm the actual count for various parts including paper feed stations. Ricoh parts manuals usually have a PM parts list index, but it seems to be missing in the manual for this machine. Most machines of this range (AF1075 onwards) will actually do about 350k clicks between services (assuming you have A3 double click set) saving about 20% on parts cost.

A couple of ozone filters are different and the web has changed on the MP6001. The PM schedule is completely different though

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    MP7000 PM parts

Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to do the PM next friday.

Can you please just confirm to me that the PM is done at 300k copies? Because the customer told me that the machine has around 280k but he also told me the machine has already taken 5k copies after asking for the PM.

About prolonging the PM life, when I asked about it of course I was expecting to change the web - it seldom lasts much more than the PM.

But I'm not asking about extending the PM's life to make the PM last twice as much as it states in the manual - what I need to know is, when a customer calls asking for a PM, should I go right away on the next day or can I take care of more pressing matters and go for the PM later in the week - or the week after that - when things are more calm?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

You need to change the web usage counter so it comes up after the PM does;

SP1-902-4=90

The older machines were 300/600k PM cycle but this one is 300/450/600k PM cycle.

300k on the MP6001 is drum blade & brush, main charge, developer and some filters.

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    You need to change the web usage counter so it comes up after the PM does;

SP1-902-4=90

The older machines were 300/600k PM cycle but this one is 300/450/600k PM cycle.

300k on the MP6001 is drum blade & brush, main charge, developer and some filters.

Drum for this machine is B246 9510 1.2 MILLION LIFE!!!!!
    (We had engineers changing these at 300-ish until I sent an email with drum life for various machines listed)

I think (HOPE) they now check before fitting!!

If you change this drum at 300k you are costing your company (UK prices) about £1600 instead of £400 per 1 million copies!!!!!

The machine will normally stretch a 300k kit to AT LEAST 350k. I believe the Ricoh advice is to use your own judgement rather than adhere strictly to the "300k rule"

One thing to check is ANY evidence of dev spilling at the front or rear of the dev unit as this can indicate failure of the dev unit bushes and lead to a complete rebuild of the paper feed stations (NASTY job!!) I would almost advise changing the dev bushes every service as I have had them fail as early as 600k

P.S

PM cycle for dev IS listed as 350k in the service manual!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

pm

you have a part # for the bushings your talking about

I said drum blade, not drum

Who in their right mind would run a machine with a 350k interval when everything else is 300 - the extra call out costs don't justify it