Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23

    Unhappy Pro C900s codes and boot errors

    I have my first big problem on a Pro C900S.

    The machine has done about 120k Black and 80k Colour.

    Will sometimes show a jam and enter the reset mode (Please wait… )

    After reset will display various Service Codes, including:

    SC344 (K Cleaning Unit Motor lock)

    SC304 / SC305 (K / C charge leak)

    SC524 (Paper Exit Motor rotation error) no paper in machine.

    This can happen during the reboot or when attempting the next job.


    I believe there was also a 6xx code related to BCU communication before I was called.

    I have cleaned the charge units as much as possible (Neither the charge units or parts are in stock at Ricoh !) and swapped the Charge and Drum Cleaning units between colours.

    It has been suggested that the Fiery software could be causing a problem, but the codes occur in copy mode.

    I will check the Fiery / controller box connections on Monday.

    Anyone seen a similar problem??


  2. #2
    Indentured Servant 500+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    18
    Check/adjust the door interlocks. I remember the trainer saying they have been known to can cause weird or inconsistent error codes because 24VDC is cut with the door switches.


  3. #3
    Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Check/adjust the door interlocks. I remember the trainer saying they have been known to can cause weird or inconsistent error codes because 24VDC is cut with the door switches.
    Thanks,

    I had crossed my mind that the 24v suplly could well be the problem knocking out the motors. Will report back if that is the problem.


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0
    I have the same exact issue right now. Have you checked you wall power? I have a customer whose power is going down as far as 198 volts and this can cause motors to give u these errors due to non correct voltages. There currently working with there power company to get the voltage where its supposed to be. I would check that first before going crazy.


  5. #5
    Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by wikid321 View Post
    I have the same exact issue right now. Have you checked you wall power? I have a customer whose power is going down as far as 198 volts and this can cause motors to give u these errors due to non correct voltages. There currently working with there power company to get the voltage where its supposed to be. I would check that first before going crazy.

    Mmmmm.....

    The junior engineer I was assisting suggested something similar but I dismissed it (Until now!!)

    I have the charge units on order as the main codes seem to be related to possible arcing, but will check the voltages!

    Rule Number ONE! NEVER ASSUME!!!!!


  6. #6
    Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23
    Update,

    Fault still occured with Fiery disconnected.

    Changed the Charge units, did not cure fault.

    Attended today with Ricoh Tech support.

    Found a problem with the 24v VINT supplies leaving Relay Board PCB6 G178 5281 (UK version, PtoP Sheet 1, J8) going to IOB1. 24v lines from the PSU to the Relay Board were ok.

    Coversations with various contacts via telephone confirmed the existence of 9 (?) green leds registering voltage supply to the IOB. As the codes appeared, these leds would flicker or turn off completely. The leds are labeled confirming the VINT voltages were those being lost.

    Have ordered the Relay Board and hope it cures the problem.

    It seems this board may be connected with transfer problems (codes?) as well.


  7. #7
    Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    I have my first big problem on a Pro C900S.

    The machine has done about 120k Black and 80k Colour.

    Will sometimes show a jam and enter the reset mode (Please wait… )

    After reset will display various Service Codes, including:

    SC344 (K Cleaning Unit Motor lock)

    SC304 / SC305 (K / C charge leak)

    SC524 (Paper Exit Motor rotation error) no paper in machine.

    This can happen during the reboot or when attempting the next job.


    I believe there was also a 6xx code related to BCU communication before I was called.

    I have cleaned the charge units as much as possible (Neither the charge units or parts are in stock at Ricoh !) and swapped the Charge and Drum Cleaning units between colours.

    It has been suggested that the Fiery software could be causing a problem, but the codes occur in copy mode.

    I will check the Fiery / controller box connections on Monday.

    Anyone seen a similar problem??
    Fault cured!!!

    G1785281 PCB RB. P2P page 1/8, J8, PCB6

    Relay Board between PSU (PCB2) and IOB 1, Supplies 24v VINT to the IOB and in turn triggers to Drum Cleaning Motors / Paper Exit Motor and Charge Units.

    Fault can be by observing the bank of 8(9?) vertical LED's at the centre of IOB 1. These should be lit constantly when machine is running and identify various input voltages to the IOB.

    Pull out the control box, the Relay Board is on the main machine behind the PSU at the lower right corner.

    If the LED's flash / turn off it can be the relays on the Relay Board dropping out. (WHY not solid state relays as changed on the old FT4490 machines to cure similar issues??)

    There are rumours that this relay board can cause Transfer codes as well.

    It seems that Ricoh (At least in the UK) have had a run on these boards and questions are being asked in Japan. Expect mods soon??

    Thanks to RUK Tech support for help with this one.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here