Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    I suspect something like the drum in backwards causing no drum drive or packing left on lower drum housing assembly. Those machines reverse the direction of the drum after each cycle to improve cleaning. I would jig the door switches top and bottom and run output tests to run main motor, see if all is turning.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Thanks yet again

Hi Venom
    I am sure that packing isn't an issue and we did cheat the two interlock
    switches to operate the machine. I will look for the drum turning though
    as I was focused on watching the registration rollers. I understand the same motor drives the drum and transfer assembly.

Ed

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar
    Hi all, very interesting reading.... How did you get on with the reg sns. Was it covered in dust and did it have an impact when cleaned ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks Again

Cleaning the registration sensor had no effect on the problem. I am still waiting for a reply from Ricoh support from my emails and phone calls.
    At this point I think its time to just wait and see.

No packing material left behind.

Thanks
    ED

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    check connectors ... there are two for dv unit and a third i believe for paper registration

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Thanks

I will recheck these connectors.
    Ed

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2051 Feed Problem

Had one of these last week. A tech replaced the lower PCU for a noise problem and it would jam like crazy.
    As it turns out he used a PCU from a 1060 not a 2051 and altho they look similar, the 2051 uses a pre transfer lamp which the 1060 doesnt have. I replaced the front stay on the PCU which includes the PTL and all was well.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Thanks yet again

I am sure this PCU unit is correct as we looked at it to compare with the one being replaced. I was concerned at first how difficult it was to seat the drum in the housing before the upper section of the PCU would close down. Also when the machine was powered up to get to a ready to copy
    state it didn't take that long and also the sounds I expected to hear of motors turning etc. did not seem to occur. There were no error messages and when making a copy you could hear the feed pick up and see the paper exit the registration rollers and then go down under the transfer belt. I really would expect to hear some bad noises if the drum wouldn't
    turn properly.(as in grinding).
    There are so many other things damaged / broken on this machine. Mostly
    user induced. Even if we get the machine to make copies again the toner
    bottle (complete assembly) has to be replaced. The bypass has been broken off.
    I am considering reinstalling the original PCU to see if I can at least get paper to feed out.

I am holding off doing anything more at this point while I wait to hear back from Ricoh for direction.

The only good thing about this is that it's a 3rd party service repair.

I do appreciate the responses though.

Also this product is very old technology in my opinion.

Ed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is the transfer unit's entrance guide (B065 3955) in their place ? Check the motors by using the "Output check" code. Attempt put a paper before reg. and by rotating the reg.'s knob check the paper path.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Thanks again

I will check this entrance guide. Is this the guide that can be moved up or down by a blue lever located under the registration rollers? If so then it is in the up position.The transfer unit can be moved open or closed and it seems to find it's home position in the uupper (closed) position. I am not familiar with the black gate unit that is under the transfer unit unless it's purpose is to protect the transfer assembly when it is in the down position.

On another note if you saw the condition of this machine and how the end users treat it you would wonder how it worked this long......

I don't expect to view this machin again until Friday as today is a holliday
    here in Canada and I want to discuss Thursday with Ricoh. I might just suggest they replace it. The difficulty in doing third party service in a remote area as I am sure all of you know is very limited support and with a one of a kind model even more so. I am sure Ricoh is happy to keep sending parts but I have to know when to say enough is enough..

Thanks for views and opinions..
    Ed