Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    EDoubleU

Savin C2408 - offline during print job

Hi,
    This is my first post here and I hope you can help shed some light on our problem. We use the C2408 exclusively for all of our office copying and printing. The copier is networked on an XP network. The problem that we're having, generally happens with a multiple sheet print job from Autocad. The printer will go offline after a few pages have been printed. What we end up doing is turn off the C2408 for a few seconds, turn it back on, and then the remaining sheets begin to print. Until the whole process happens again.
    If there is any more info you would need to help with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Eric

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Try locking in the LAN speed, take it off auto detect and set for 10 MBS or 100MBS.
    User tools>system settings>interface settings>page down>ethernet speed
    Hope it helps!

Autocad??? Your problem may be in some sort of complex graphic the machine does not understand. Try to borrow a PS chip and then load a PS driver. It may help. Imthinman

EDoubleU
    I'll try locking in the LAN speed. It's a simple enough test.

imthinman: It doesn't have any problems if I print a single sheet/drawing at a time. It also prints everything like it should. It runs into the problem when multiple copies are sent to it.

EDoubleU
    So far, I've set the speed to 100MBS and it went offline during the next print job. I set it to 10 MBS after that. So far no issues.

Thanks for the info