Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    From what I see the weather,high coverage as Zico21 says does seem to make a big difference.

Very true about the lube bar which on several models seems to have caused problems in my experience.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC4500/MPC2500 ranges PCUs

My two bobs worth on the subject.
    Over the last two years we have run these boxes I am quite certain the C/Q problems are tempreture related. If the temp drops 5 to 10 deg over the week end its short odds that on Monday morning we will be inundated with C/Q calls.
    It seems that they dont like sitting idle over a period of time without being turned off as the air flow over the drums is a different temp at the front of the drum to the rear as only the front end of the drum has problems.
    It is only really noticable on drums that are at 75% or more of their life. Sometimes the problem comes good as the copier is used but rest assured it will return!
    We have tried cleaning or replacing charge rollers and even polished the drums but the only permanant cure is replacement.

Last autumn I got the storeman to increase his PCU order only to find that as autumn comes earlier in the souther states they had beaten me to it and Ricoh Oz was nil stock and back ordered us for two months. It was a tough two months!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Isn't it weird how outside temp changes effect this stuff. The offices all are climate controlled but still when the outside temp drops cq problems occur. I always figured it was really the humidity causing it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC4500/MPC2500 ranges PCUs

Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    Isn't it weird how outside temp changes effect this stuff. The offices all are climate controlled but still when the outside temp drops cq problems occur. I always figured it was really the humidity causing it.
    And why is it only the front half of the drum thats affected?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We clean the charge rollers once and right the counter on the PCU in pen. Next time someone goes back there for the same issue and sees the writing, we put in a new PCU.

We've kinda found the second or third time cleaning the charge roller isnt really worth it - we just get called back sooner.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I know its an old thread... but

Hey guys and gals.... Could someone please tell me what the latest fix is on these machines. I am sick of cleaning charge rollers and useing up PCU's!!! If I could get the latest sp mode adjustments or whatever Ricoh is recommending that would be great. I see the charge rollers have changed material, but still haveing problem. Hey does anyone know of an aftermaket charge roller and cleaner assembly?????

thanks Victor

to solve the problem (copiermaster.net)

1. Clean the lubrication bar surface touched brush
    2. Clean the charge roller. But it should be totaly white. You must clean grey area from the charge roller.
    3. Clean drum. If you do not have drum cleaner ı have very good one. I can write.

these actions will solve the problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    This was causing us to here in sweden. due to weatherchange these lines shows up, and the only way to fix it was PCU change or open the right hatch on the machine to let the fuser cool down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Some of our units dont even make it to 20,000 before the line problem comes up. Since we include the units in our maintenance we change the unit, disassemble the unit completly, clean the blades, chg roll , and drum under hot water. Dry completly with hair dryer. Vacuum all traces of toner from unit and then use it for the next one to be replaced. We keep records for each unit and when the unit approches 100,000 it gets trashed. A lot of work, but saves a lot of money. This is the only problem we have ever had on these machines.