Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    I want to be understood very well regarding this matter. I'm 100% pro helping people on this website but certain information shouldn't be posted on a public thread.
    Why nobody told you during your training sessions?! It's very simple: the mode mentioned is designated to be used in the factory because are some SP modes very sensitive and if are altered the affected machine can unrecoverable. We are technicians no supermen so it's in human nature to do mistakes. Giving access to everybody to Factory mode you are exposing the machine completely. On top of that people with not so honorable intentions can give a lot of headache to their coworkers. Hope I was very clear. I'm not against sharing the information....but must be done in a controlled environment not on a public forum.
    Agreed.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

I belive that's what I said or at least meant and I could not agree with you more. or myself perhaps I should have asked before and then have the actual code delivered through private message.
    Voluntary assistance can be your greatest gift once you do not degrade the recipient.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    I looked at this mode on one of our machines with another tech, and we weren't too impressed, not much useful stuff, or anything which would make much sense to anyone but a system engineer. Sure you can reset the accounting meter, change motor speeds, maybe a few other things, and screw up the machine if you don't know what you are doing, but hey, if someone screws up their machine because of this, that's more work for me .

As for someone with ill intent, what can you do? There are lots of other ways they can cause you problems with or without factory mode.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    I looked at this mode on one of our machines with another tech, and we weren't too impressed, not much useful stuff, or anything which would make much sense to anyone but a system engineer. Sure you can reset the accounting meter, change motor speeds, maybe a few other things, and screw up the machine if you don't know what you are doing, but hey, if someone screws up their machine because of this, that's more work for me .

As for someone with ill intent, what can you do? There are lots of other ways they can cause you problems with or without factory mode.
    Agree with you, but to offer the factory mode on a pubnlic forum where not only techs are looking is like showing your wallet to a thief.

factory mode

perhaps one thing we all seem to neglect is the fact that most of us with some years of experiance tend to help out at the first request without thinking of who would be reading our replies. I think that in future I will be looking at the details of the person raising the question then put in a reply without programming details if need be. I can always send details to the person in quetion to his private email address as weel as any one requesting the same info, always according to their status gathered from their profile. perhaps this would be a way to rest everyone's mind as it is no use pointing fingers at anyone trying to help those in need.
    Peace to all and season's greetings to all.
    Voluntary assistance can be your greatest gift once you do not degrade the recipient.