Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    talon4x4

Option to scan to PDF not found

I have a C2408 and I'm trying to find the option to scan single and multi-page documents to PDF instead of TIFF but I can't find it. I've searched the forums (here and Savin.com) and have found the articles that say to push the "File Name/Type" on the right side of the screen when in Scanner mode but I don't have that option.

I also tried to change the Destination List Priority from Delivery Server to Email/Folder but then I lose the option to scan to the folders. This did however give me the button to choose PDF but only on multi-page documents (only shows JPG/TIFF for single page).

I have also gone into the Preferences in ScanRouter V2 and made sure the Default Image Format was set to PDF but the scanned docs are still delivered as TIFF files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I'm not sure on that exact model but usually there are 2 ways depending on the model to set default to PDF. Since you don't have the File Name/Type key, it's probably in user tools.

#1. User tools>Scanner Features>Scanner Settings>File type priority from TIFF to PDF.

#2. In Scanner mode>File name/Type>set to PDF. Then hit "program" key (top right control panel). Then hit "program as defaults".

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    Not sure what cross is to Ricoh but the newer ones are set through program button. You go into scanner mode, set to pdf, press program, program as defaults. email/folder is set in user tools.

talon4x4
    Thanks for the replies.