Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC7500 PM

MPC7500 PM

With all the hype on this bad boy what is the length of time for a pm on this machine ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC7500 PM

Officially the first items are 150K, but it will probably need charge rollers every 30k.
    73 DE W5SSJ

PM TIME

How long does a 150k pm take

MPC7500 PM

Not sure, to be honest. The failure rate on the PCU's has been so high for Charge Roller lines and developer problems that I've never gotten to do a complete PM on one. I figure about 3 hours, but that's only a guess. If you're familiar with the previous generation machine figure each PCU will take you twice as long, and pray you don't have too many problems loading and initializing developer.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Retread Tech

MPC7500 PM

I too have yet to see one go the distance. I've been too busy replacing charge rollers every 15K to 20K. The last time I got called for the line issue I ended up removing the drum, charge roller and developer and vacuuming all the clean station. The lub bar seems to self destruct! I used glass cleaner on the charge roller. I managed to get by without replacing the charge roller so far but it's only been about 10K since the cleaning. The last model did better on PMs and was a lot easier to take apart!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    the time it takes me to do a 150k pm is about 4 hours with vacuuming and developer change and a 300k takes about 6 hours with 150k pm included.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Retread Tech

MPC7500

This seems to be putting PM time at 50% over the B132/B200 series machines. It seems a lot of the new Ricoh equipment has gone to more time consuming preventative maintenance. Some of the fusers seem to have been put together as an afterthought. I have yet to see on of the D014/D015 coat the drums like I was getting with the B132/B200 series but time may tell. Anyone had this problem?

MPC7500 PM

Coated or scuffed drums were probably one of the biggest causes of uneven density on the old machines, but the machine was usually at or over PM anyway.

Not that it was as big a deal - the PM was so much faster (especially since I was used to working on the 1350's with a PM every 80k developments or 20k pages) I'm really really really not happy with the "upgrades" in the MP7500 and I've been pushing my salespeople to stick with an MPC5000 (or 2 of them) if they can't bump them up to a C900. Sales listens like they always do - even though I've started comparing this evil box with the 1224c which they remember as costing them quite a few customer loyalty sales. It's like herding cats.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread Tech View Post
    This seems to be putting PM time at 50% over the B132/B200 series machines. It seems a lot of the new Ricoh equipment has gone to more time consuming preventative maintenance. Some of the fusers seem to have been put together as an afterthought. I have yet to see on of the D014/D015 coat the drums like I was getting with the B132/B200 series but time may tell. Anyone had this problem?
    My 3260's have been crap...at 40k the charge roller lines started, mpc 6000's have been flawless so far

Retread Tech

MPC7500

I've had the 5560c series go way over PM without much of an issue. For a while though it seems there was a bad batch of lub bars cause with 30 to 40K of PM suddenly a machine would coat the drum. I've had lub bars come apart in new MPC7500 and take out blades and drums. We always end up hearing the issue of the air here being the problem. Nothing beter than a machine running at 10% or less humidity on top of the lack of pressure a mile up. Oh well, live and learn!!