Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh 2020D and 2060 scanning problem

good evening,

I have two Ricoh scanning questions/problems.1st is a Ricoh 2020D that will scan only 4 paged until it says out of memory.I think this machine has 192MB of shared memory...any ideas?
    2nd is a Ricoh 2060 that will scan 3 pages fine but when scanning large documents the images show garbage (letters numbers symbols etc.) Any idea's?

Thanks very much!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Don't know about the 2020D, but on the 2060 are you scanning to email or folder? I had one that was scanning to e-mail and had the max e-mail size set for 4megs. Anything under about 25 pages went through fine, but larger ones were split into separarte emails and were gibberish. Also had this when customer's IT had max e-mail size set low on their mail server.
    Good Luck
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks totoro,
    Yes they are scanning to email.The I.T. guy said that they have a 50 meg capacity.Is there a setting on the Ricoh I can check?

Thanks again,
    Tech boy

At the MFP -user tools-scanner features-send settings-max email size.

I set this for the max and it's usually good enough as most e-mails are limited to 10 megs. If you have 50megs then you may be able to use the divde and send featue. I never have so I can't tell you how it will work. Maybe someone else here can expand on that feature. Hope this helps.
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile

Hi Totoro,
    Thank you for that info.It worked perfectly!There is actually a place that you can turn off the feature totally.I just can't figure out why Ricoh would set this parameter so low in the first place,just dosn't make sense.

Thanks again,
    Tech boy

Glad I could help.
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The Divide and Send & the max email size functions can be used together to get around the email size limits on users mailboxes.

If you set max email size on it's own (i.e. no divide and send) you will experience the issues as described earlier in the thread. If you combine this with divide and send the MFP will be able to divide the scanned document based on the max email size.

The resulting documents will be .dat files split accross multiple emails. These dat files will need to be concatenated together (i use do copy command for this) and decoded back into the appropriate file type such as pdf. Funduc shell extension can be used for this. Decode Shell Extension - Funduc Software

All in all although it does get round mailbox size limits, I have found the process of concatanating and decoding a bit complicated for most office users. Therefore either make sure the companies IT support or key operators know the process or alternativley offer to decode for a small fee.

On your 2060 problem I have seen this when corrupt firmware is being used both on KM and Ricoh devices, or simply when the end user is trying to open a pdf in microsoft word!!

I am assuming this is not the case so try a firmware reload or before that a scanner reset in SP.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

James

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi James,
    Thanks for the info.I have found my solution under "send settings" on both machines.I simply turned off the the max email setting all together.This seems to have done the trick.Do you see any reason why this could be a problem ?Let me know.

Thanks again,
    Tech boy

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi tech boy,

Glad your sorted.

The only issue you should get would be if a user scans a document at the upper size limit for email messages.

If your users specify themselves as senders the mail server should send them an undeliverable, if your using the admin email address as the sender then the ndr should go there.

Thanks again
    James

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I will keep this in mind.Thanks again for your time.

Tech boy