Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPC5000 LCT

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

MPC5000 LCT

Anyone having trouble with SC-503 on MPC4000/5000's that is configured with the PB3050 LCT?

I am starting to see more of these with the same problem. Beginning to think it's a design flaw.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    I have one that was giving sc503 - since replacing both interlock switches (the ones that mate up to the machine - problem gone............no surprise they are exactly the same as the troublesome bridge unit switches, replace or clean out your switches.

I usually don't like to revive dead threads but I want to make sure the fix is posted to help those who might be fighting the same issue. What I have been finding since I've posted was the black pulley that moves the stack has been a majority of the problem. The spokes break and cause the D shape to go round. Usually it will move a small stack without problem but when a full stack is in place it puts too much load on the pulley causing it to error out. Also of the lift tray on the right jumps track then it does not sit flat enough to actuate the sensor on the bottom. Hope this helps someone down the road.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC5000 LCT

Thanks for the update.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    I usually don't like to revive dead threads but I want to make sure the fix is posted to help those who might be fighting the same issue. What I have been finding since I've posted was the black pulley that moves the stack has been a majority of the problem. The spokes break and cause the D shape to go round. Usually it will move a small stack without problem but when a full stack is in place it puts too much load on the pulley causing it to error out. Also of the lift tray on the right jumps track then it does not sit flat enough to actuate the sensor on the bottom. Hope this helps someone down the road.
    There's a mod for this!! New shaft with a flat the whole length of the gear and a new gear!

AB030787 NOW AB030831 TIMING PULLEY
    B8012730 NOW B8012733 SHAFT
    B8012812 NOW D3522816 GROUND PLATE

Thanks tcs04.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. I'll keep my eyes open for this. We have a of these giving SC503. Various reasons, not seen this before though.