Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aficio 6513

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    looks like corona wire and grid, just a guess.
    The drum cleaning unit also has a lubricant bar and it use to wear out on the rear end.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Technician

Aficio 6513

Changed grid about 2 weeks ago but not the wire, I also will change the cleaning pad as well. I suspected this as well thanks, will keep you informed when parts are changed

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    aficio 6513

Had one that did something similar and all it needed was cleaning and power cycled off/on to get everything back in home position. Somebody bumped the developer a little hard while changing toner.

Needs Cyan developer as well - or at least a good purge to get rid of the fireflies.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    TRANSFER BELT is possible case

Technician

I think you have 3 problem's 1. Cyan developer 2.Pressure roller 3.PTB Clutch.I would replace Cyan dev.(firefly spots) replace fusing pressure roller (blurry image at the center of the trailing part of your copy) replace or disassemble and grease the PTB Clutch (fading image at the end of copy).I might be wrong but very often the easiest solutions are the one that works.Hope it works out.
    Good luck

Technician

Aficio 6513

Thanks for the suggestions, will try them and post results

Technician

Aficio 6513

I just took out the entire itb cleaning unit and completely cleaned it, i used a blower because i saw a lot of waster toner on the inside, on your recommendation i lubricated the cam mechanism because i was feeling a little stiffness, i turned it several times and sprayed a little wd40 be the bearing areas. I re installed everthing and tried a couple of prints, as the attachment shows there has been a 100% improvement in the print, the trailing edge fade has gone completely, the skid marks has reduced, hovever i am sure that the itb cleaning blade has to be replaced since i realize it is worn. Evidence of this shows a buildup of excess toner above the blade where the skid area is as if the blade is not completely cleaning the transfer belt, I am still gong to change the lubricant bar & brush, blade as well as the corona wire just as a preventative measure, as well as the entrance seal in the cleaning unit, Thanks to everyone for their assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have had this since the AC3006 came out. If the fading is at the front of the print, then I found that it had something to do with the drum rails. Seesm that with time the drum sloutches at the front a bit lower then the back. Nothing one can see with but I experimented raising the drum from the frontwith shims, raising the dev unit from the side pvc tape under, and even raising the charge wire at the front to try to get more charege. All these experimints were carried out after replacing drum and devs. All gave a slightly better result but not a complete cure.
    Voluntary assistance can be your greatest gift once you do not degrade the recipient.

Technician

Aficio 6513

Hey Guys,
    Ihave a new problem. anytime i print on extra thick mode or thick mode i get a washed out copy, the same thing happens in the copy mode, however if i make prints on plain paper the prints comes out fine. the problem is only happening in the thick & extra thick mode. the attached print is a calibration sheet in extra thick mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Did you do the autocolor calibration for the fiery with Kodak pantone, maybe that can help
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound