Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: aficio 6513

Technician

aficio 6513

Problems with my Aficio 6513 1. there is something like a skid mark on the prints in the direction of the paper exit, it is not for the cleaning blade, but i think it is originating in the transfer belt cleaning section, secondly the copies are coming out faded to the right of the page about 4 inces from the right, I mostly print extra thick stock, even if i calibrate this happens, i recently changed transfer belt, drum cleaning bade, brush and lubricating bar. can anyone suggest solution

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    can you post a copy sample for us, gives us more of an idea to help you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    aficio 6513

Been a while but I think I remember, firmware had something to do with the fading especially on uber thick stock and the skid marks (if iirc) are likely caused by incorrect adjustment of the cleaning cam on the itb cleaning unit.. if it's out of adjustment you'll get smears or skids.. and it doesnt take much!

Regards!
    A.

Technician

Aficio 6513 test

Here is a scan of a printed page, the circled area (skid mark) usually goes across the page from left to right, as you can see the right side is faded as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    For me is problem with fusing unit

Technician

Aficio 6513

I stopped the copy before the fuser, however the faded area is present, i also noticed some text has a blurry effect, i thought this was a fuser problem, but this is showing even before the sheet is fused, the faded area is reduced when the same print is done on plain paper, since i was speculating that it could be drum fatigue in one recurring area. this is only happening in thick & extra thick sheets, hope this info is helpful

Technician
    After reading the service manual again & again i am speculating that the skid marks could be caused by a worn itb cleaning blade, the brush & lubricating bar could be worn as well according to the manual these two parts are responsible for
    1. Brush applies lubricant
    2. makes it easier for the counter blade to scrape off excess toner
    3. improves toner transfer ability and reduces partial blanking in the image.

In my opinion i think this is happening, please give me your opinion

If this mark is moving from left to right you should make a A3 print and measure a distance betveen two marks, use this number (circumference)to calculate diameter of a roller (or drum) that makes the marks. Hope this helps...

Technician
    Print all four colours separation and see wich colour is problem

Technician

aficio 6513

I did two test 1. i printed separation sheets for cmyk and all shows the same faded area approx 3 inches from the right see test image 2. I printed a tabloid sheet and again the faded area is in the last 3 inches on the sheet
    see test image 3. I also discovered a lot of spots on the cyan & magenta sheet, I still think this has something to do with the transfer area. please comment
    Attached Images Attached Images