Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am also having the exact same issue on a MPC6000. From what I am able to find out from the original Tech that went out there...she just went in to remove a fuser jam and then after closing the doors it would never warm up again. So far I have not found any pinched wires in that area. Very frustrating issue...Thanks for ANY ideas.. Just found out that the orginal Tech had replaced the HD's, VBCU board, Rear power supply, IPU board. both memory moduals and the main switch.
    Last edited by portviking; 03-19-2010 at 05:35 PM.

ahgoh7
    hi everyone,

I had the same problem before last year. My colleague had the problem solved some time ago on on of the machine which is giving the please wait problem. The culprit is a pinched wire from one of the exhaust fan on the left hand side of the machine. Well, from my experience, we really really need to look at all the harness carefully after changing few of the suspected boards. And bear in mind, it might happen to other models as well. Cheers and good luck!

Technician

Smile Please Wait,

Dear,
    The better way to find out the problem is leave the door open,pull out all the trays,remove the connection of DF,pull out Transfer,fusing unit and switch on the machine.
    If still please wait remains,its one of the board (VBCU).
    I beleave you will able to locate the problem.
    Regards,
    Raja.

Technician
    Try to reset the all memory

Technician
    I had a 6000 that threw a 372 (I think - a y cleaning motor error, not sure of which exact code) at the end of dev init. Init was good, except the 372. Rebooted, and then it threw a couple of hd codes, but after those it had a persistent 372. I replaced the y cleaning motor (after checking the pcu, of course) no fix. T/s then had me replace the vbcu. No fix. We tried downgrading the firmware, which fixed it - until I ran a color page, and we had the 372 again. T/s said replace the controller. And the ram. No fix. Changed f/w again. No fix. Finally, as a last result, a 5801 all. Brain wipe. Came back fine. (Still goes light on black, but that's a whole 'nother story.) Best part of the story was tech support telling me I was on my own - they had no idea what to do after the controller didn't fix it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    I've fixed about 5 Ricoh boxes recently with a memory clear. Troubleshooting led in circles, and no components seemed bad under test or when measured with a meter. Replaced parts, boards, etc. before trying the memory clear.

My new policy is to perform the memory clear only as a last resort, but before replacing any expensive parts.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC7500 please wait

Check the tech bulletins before you do a memory clear - on D014 machines the older versions of firmware will wipe out the VBCU board
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Check the tech bulletins before you do a memory clear - on D014 machines the older versions of firmware will wipe out the VBCU board
    Shadow1 is right...

Performing an NVRAM clear on D014/D015/D078/D079 can take out the VBCU. Other than those machines, I'm not aware of any issues with performing this.

Here are some details from the TSB...

The final resolution is new Engine firmware (P/N – D0145402K version 1. 51:01). This will prevent the data from being erased from IC2 on the VBCU Board when the NVRAM is cleared. In the event that an NVRAM clear appears necessary, it is recommended to replace it instead, if the firmware noted above is not loaded. As always, print out an SMC before replacing or clearing any NVRAM.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar

Cool MPC 6000 please wait

I have also had this problem.

It was Please wait plus if you tried to go into SP mode it was in Japanese..

Fixed it by unplugging one HDD at a time and formatting. It would not do format all so I did it by doing the lowest format 1st and making my way up. It then recalled on me so replaces HDD and changed the firmware as a bundle as recommended by the bulletin and all has been well.

Hope this helps

Technician
    I didn't have any choice - the machine was effectively bricked otherwise, and I had replaced the vbcu anyway, as well as the controller.