Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC7500 please wait

I have had this happen on a MP 7500. I discovered the plate that holds the front of the fuser in position was loose. Tightened it up to it's original position and problem was solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by portviking View Post
    I am also having the exact same issue on a MPC6000. From what I am able to find out from the original Tech that went out there...she just went in to remove a fuser jam and then after closing the doors it would never warm up again. So far I have not found any pinched wires in that area. Very frustrating issue...Thanks for ANY ideas.. Just found out that the orginal Tech had replaced the HD's, VBCU board, Rear power supply, IPU board. both memory moduals and the main switch.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajrajraja View Post
    Dear,
    The better way to find out the problem is leave the door open,pull out all the trays,remove the connection of DF,pull out Transfer,fusing unit and switch on the machine.
    If still please wait remains,its one of the board (VBCU).
    I beleave you will able to locate the problem.
    Regards,
    Raja.
    so Rajrajraja did you finally resolve your problem by replacing a third VBCU or did you do something different, I'm asking because I'm curious to know what you did considering this is your post and you did not post any information only the riddle you offered. Thank you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

I have left the front door opened...pulled out the duplex unit...pulled out the fuser unit and powered it up with no success. The VBCU, power board,IPU board, and Hard Drives have been replaced. I have swaped out the componets into a know working unit and they all performed perfectly. For some reason I am loosing the switched 24 v off the power board. All my 5 and 12 volts are there as is some of the other 24 volts. I am not getting any voltage reading off the 5 switches below the main switch. Ready to attach an anchor to this thing!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC7500 please wait

Its tripped the crowbar circuit in the power supply - don't ask me why they call it that, but it shuts down any output of the supply if it detects a dead short across it. Keeps it from smoking things (although so would the fuse)

You'll have to break out the point to point and unplug everything that uses that voltage, then start plugging things back in until you lose it again - then you know your in the right ballpark. If the machine doesn't smell like smoke then most likely its a pinched harness instead of a fried board, but not always.
    73 DE W5SSJ