Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Smile MPC7500 please wait

Hi ,

The Problem of the machine is that once we switch on the machine the display shows ‘please wait’ and its just stay on the same.

We have interchanged all the PCB’s (DRB, DTMB, Paper Feed Board,Power pack, Power Supply Unit, Controller Board, NVRAM, IPU,Both the HDD,VBCU & Eeprom, AC drive board, operation panel) with a working machine. & found that all the PCB’s are working fine.

I can not enter into SP mode. The machine is not sensing the door open; I am not hearing any sound, except a relay & the controller fan sound.

When I hold the * and # buttons and switch on the machine, the display shows DIAGNOSE: 0200
    Write address:0x00000000 and it counts for a while and then it shows compare : 0x00000000 and it counts for a while. There is no improvement on the machine status.

The Initial problem of the machine was paper jam, later it went to SC672, then immediately turn to ‘please wait’ problem.

As per Tessa. We ordered a VBCU and changed the same. But after changing the VBCU the problem remain same. We just tested both the VBCU on a working machine & found both the boards are defective (please wait). Also we found an open fuse on both VBCU (FU2, 125V, 3A, C48) which is next to CN200.

Actually that fuse is handling 5V only, we have replace an another fuse on same rating. I can get 5V at one end of the fuse and the other end is not getting 5V.(Fuse is Good)If You got any idea about this issue please let me know.

Regards,
    Raja.

I'm not sure but it's a possible cause.
    You must check all wires especially on CN200 where you found defective fuse.
    Some wires can has an electrical short with chassis when tighten screw on factory.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I've got an MPC3000 that does the same thing from time to time. It's intermittent though, and goes away when rebooting the machine. I've got no clue what it is, but my guess is memory (I've recently replaced the harddrive). But what's more is that when I replaced the memory I got an error code and it wouldn't take it, although I've used the same memory in another MPC3000 with good results, so there has to be something else that's causing the problem.

If you find the solution, would you please post it here? Thanks!
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    try the following:
    1. pull every memory module out and clean the contacts
    2. pull the connectors on the HDD off
    3. reload firmware

good luck
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajrajraja View Post
    Hi ,

The Problem of the machine is that once we switch on the machine the display shows ‘please wait’ and its just stay on the same.

We have interchanged all the PCB’s (DRB, DTMB, Paper Feed Board,Power pack, Power Supply Unit, Controller Board, NVRAM, IPU,Both the HDD,VBCU & Eeprom, AC drive board, operation panel) with a working machine. & found that all the PCB’s are working fine.
    I can not enter into SP mode. The machine is not sensing the door open; I am not hearing any sound, except a relay & the controller fan sound.

When I hold the * and # buttons and switch on the machine, the display shows DIAGNOSE: 0200
    Write address:0x00000000 and it counts for a while and then it shows compare : 0x00000000 and it counts for a while. There is no improvement on the machine status.
    The Initial problem of the machine was paper jam, later it went to SC672, then immediately turn to ‘please wait’ problem.

As per Tessa. We ordered a VBCU and changed the same. But after changing the VBCU the problem remain same. We just tested both the VBCU on a working machine & found both the boards are defective (please wait). Also we found an open fuse on both VBCU (FU2, 125V, 3A, C48) which is next to CN200.
    Actually that fuse is handling 5V only, we have replace an another fuse on same rating. I can get 5V at one end of the fuse and the other end is not getting 5V.(Fuse is Good)If You got any idea about this issue please let me know.

Regards,
    Raja.

Sir try to update the latest firware if cant solve change the controller board.

sleutelaar
    i,am affraid shasko has the solution.

Good luck

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Before starting a tough job like harness testing do a firmware update.
    Disconect the HDD and see if the machine is booting or it will stay in please wait. Clean the memory contacts with an eraser and contact cleaner. Good luck.

Technician
    Change the HDD with new

Technician

Smile MPC7500

Yes I got the culprit, it’s a pinched wire which is going to a sensor on PTR Section.
    Regards with many thanks,
    Raja.

ahgoh7

Question

Hi,

I faced the same problem with an MPC 6000 today. Tried the boards, NVram, HDD, checked the possible pinched PTR wire and the machine won't recover. Tried to update the firmware using SD card but the machine woudn't boot up to enable update.

The symptoms are:
    Once switch is on, controller lights up, VBCU lights up. Only the processor fan is on, the rest of the fans are not turning. Screen will show please wait... After 10-15 minutes, it either shows sc670, 672 or Functional problem detected - Restart.

Appreciate if any of you guys got a clue for me. Thanks!