Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    the labels that the customer is running is it made for color laser copiers or inkjet? if its inkjet then they will always peel off because majority of the injet cartridges writes down onto the labels so the bend is minor where as the copier the bend is major and the labels are cheaper or made for inkjet it will peel off and stick to the transfer belt because of less adhesive. The labels made for the color laser copier (not color laser printer) must be more adhesive because of the turns and especially must be able to handle the heat of the fuser unit since it runs hotter than a printer. Good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knightfall View Post
    the labels that the customer is running is it made for color laser copiers or inkjet? if its inkjet then they will always peel off because majority of the injet cartridges writes down onto the labels so the bend is minor where as the copier the bend is major and the labels are cheaper or made for inkjet it will peel off and stick to the transfer belt because of less adhesive. The labels made for the color laser copier (not color laser printer) must be more adhesive because of the turns and especially must be able to handle the heat of the fuser unit since it runs hotter than a printer. Good luck.
    Knightfall is perfectly right. Any labels used in a laser copier should be designed for laser copiers and run through bypass tray 1 sheet at a time.
    Thickness 2 or 3 are the best for the labels and under no circumstances a sheet with peeled labels should be run again. I replaced so many drums due to this fact: customers recycling the label sheet up to 20 times!!!
    Honest I don't care if they have a stock of 2, 200 or 2000 boxes of wrong labels...I will charge them every time when they use the inappropriate stock. First time is FREE + a bonus explanation + bonus advice what brand to buy + I suggest them to read the user manuals.
    I'm not a big fan of setting tray 1 on a different thickness than the default because it will cause more problems that you want. One user will put labels in this tray and 5 minutes after another user will come with regular paper on top of the labels and so on....you get the picture.

The Ricoh Guy
    I ran into this with an MPC6000.....you must have the thick 1 or thick 2 selected in the print driver and the recommended labels for the machine you can get these specs from Ricoh support.