Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MPC4500 and label printing

Hi All,

We are having a sh*t loads of labels peeling off and sticking on the drum or transfer on a MPC4500.

We have asked the client to ensure a full complete sheet of labels is used however they say the labels are still comming off.

I think this problem is aggrevated by the fact that feeding the labels from the bypass will actually cause the labels to peel off as it bends upwards causing the label to peel. Feeding the labels from the trays seems more logical however there are no labels setting in the printer driver when selecting the cassette tray as the paper source.

We have asked the clients to use a small B&W printer for their labels however they have informed that if they have another printer, it means another machine for them to look after and they are not willing to do that. They've also got us when they say that the product brochure/specs indicate that the machine can print labels - as the specs do not state what type of labels.

So anyone with suggestions on what we could possibly do would be great. thanks.

Steve

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    try Frequently Asked Questions | Avery

they are "guarantee of jam-free" - always recommend them in the uk but i dont know what the guarentee is for the ROW.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Why not try "Thick 2" from tray 1?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I assuming when you say set it to "Thick 2" and go from the bypass, it is more so the speed of the paper feed that is in mind, right? ie, because the paper runs slower through the machine, lower chance of the labels peeling?

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Always use proper Avery labels and if they won't, tell them the cost of a call out plus the cost of a drum!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    Always use proper Avery labels and if they won't, tell them the cost of a call out plus the cost of a drum!
    I agree, I always recommend Avery Labels. They are not foolproof but they are the most reliable.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Why not try "Thick 2" from tray 1?
    I usually tell the customers to run it as "thick 3", just to be on the safe side.
    Nobody loves a clown at midnight.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysteve View Post
    I assuming when you say set it to "Thick 2" and go from the bypass, it is more so the speed of the paper feed that is in mind, right? ie, because the paper runs slower through the machine, lower chance of the labels peeling?
    No,

Tray 1 because the labels will be on the inside of the curve as the sheet passes from the tray through registration, this will orevent the label peeling from the backing sheet, and thick 2 (or thick 3) to ensure good transfer.

Running more slowly can't hurt either.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    No,

Tray 1 because the labels will be on the inside of the curve as the sheet passes from the tray through registration, this will orevent the label peeling from the backing sheet, and thick 2 (or thick 3) to ensure good transfer.

Running more slowly can't hurt either.
    Good thinking TSC

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    We've had the same problem at an account with a crap load of Savin 8060's. I suggested the Avery labels, but they showed me 5 cases of labels that they would have to run before they could even switch. Plus, they wouldn't because the labels they were currently using were cheaper and have always worked in a 30ppm HP LaserJet they had prior to the Savin.

I suggested that they at least print them in Thick Mode. Seem to solve the problem, until someone decided that they just needed a page or two real quick and it wouldn't hurt. Well, one got stuck to the drum!

I explained that "no" label is full proof, gave them a list of supported labels for their model. End of story.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.