Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

3260 low density

HI guys

I have a AF3260 that a clever sales-idiot sold to a copy shop. They are using coreldraw for their designing. The machine does not have a fiery. It does not even have a PS option.

The problem i have is with the image density of all 4 colors. The pcu's are not even half way through their lifetime. I have replaced the transfer roller and ITB and cleaned all the sensor on the unit. The attachment is the page printed when doing ACC on a good quality paper. The density is very low. I do not know how easy it is to see but it is like there are little lighter dots within the mid tones. The colors are never nice and even.

Fuser was also rebuild not long ago.

Counter: 255K color
    640K blk

Also have like a shadow effect on the edge of image, especially in the high tone areas.

Any ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    The PM interval for color dev is 150K.Determine how many prints the color dev. have on the counter, if more than 150' replace the dev all 3 if color(The only dev.you can replace single is Black).Don't forget to clean the doctor gap.

Recently had a similar problem, all PCUs and other PM parts were almost new, even after replacing them with PCUs that are working fine on other machine, the print was pale and colors were not vivid. Then I atacched E7000 on machine and just like that, the print was excelent. But, also I have couple of A3260c in the field only with Print\Scan card that are working fine, so I gues this problem requires more work to bee solved.

Quote Originally Posted by bat View Post
    Recently had a similar problem, all PCUs and other PM parts were almost new, even after replacing them with PCUs that are working fine on other machine, the print was pale and colors were not vivid. Then I atacched E7000 on machine and just like that, the print was excelent. But, also I have couple of A3260c in the field only with PrintScan card that are working fine, so I gues this problem requires more work to bee solved.

E7000 is just so bloody expensive.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    I have this density problem on couple of 3260 in my territory and after multiple visits I was able to determine that high coverage was part of this problem and the supply system couldn't keep up with the demand. Increasing the number of turns for the toner feed clutches (default 10 times) I was able to correct this problem for both machines and customers stopped complaining about faded images. Hope this helps.