Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: sending ricoh counter trough email

Quote Originally Posted by Dexor View Post
    Can't see how WSDM (client)can do anything except info already available via ip login to the machine, or port settings @ driver. Am I missing something? Looks useless to me...
    You want to manually open the WIM on 600 (or so) machines?

Go ahead, I'll wait here.

If you think it's useless, look harder.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    sending ricoh counter trough email

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    You want to manually open the WIM on 600 (or so) machinsometHinges?

Go ahead, I'll wait here.

If you think it's useless, look harder.
    I realized it was some desktop binder software even though it claimed tb something you described. But I eventually found it, it hogged my computer big time, plus it said registration is expired,straight from Ricoh site. I can't see how I could justify installing this on clients computer. Panasonic lanfaxes were doing this 15 yrs ago straight from the box upon simple conf. Still, the suggested software's useless; c'mon, SQL stuff?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexor View Post
    I realized it was some desktop binder software even though it claimed tb something you described. But I eventually found it, it hogged my computer big time, plus it said registration is expired,straight from Ricoh site. I can't see how I could justify installing this on clients computer. Panasonic lanfaxes were doing this 15 yrs ago straight from the box upon simple conf. Still, the suggested software's useless; c'mon, SQL stuff?

How can you even mention WSDM and Desktop Binder in the same sentence? They are totally different pieces of software.

You're totally missing the point as to how it works.

I have this running at a large number of customers with no issues.

I've helped you all I can.

Good luck.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    How can you even mention WSDM and Desktop Binder in the same sentence? They are totally different pieces of software.

You're totally missing the point as to how it works.

I have this running at a large number of customers with no issues.

I've helped you all I can.

Good luck.
    I've stated as clearly as I could that what I searched on Ricoh's site was wsdm, and it got me to the zxhdxxxhwhatever.zip sofware, upon installing it only THEN I realized it was desktop binder.
    I also stated that when installed wsdm it brought my system down and also required registration as somethings was outdated. I've since learned about @remote which seems like most reasonable way to go. Appreciate your efforts but apart from mentioning wsdm with your comments about it you didn't do anything else, as some 'I've helped you all I can.'
    Now it's all clear to both of us. #hope

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Our company designed their own software due to multiple manufacturers, it collects MIB data from the device, As fsr as I am aware each manufacturer has a different MIB data on their devices, and I think that the info is available if you do a search.

We use the "hyper-print" solution for our counter and toner (for all brands) but actualy only in French : Hyper-Print

Katun have a solution but not very Good

Hi All,
    Dont know if this helps, but ive just set up an mp c3503 to automatically send B\W-Colour, counter readings by email.
    I dont know if it will work on older Ricohs.
    If you enter service mode and go too; sp 5-866-xxx, you can setup an email address to transmit the counter readings, it only appears to send them
    on the 1st of every month though.
    Once you have set the destination email address you can test it with sp5-866-112.
    Seems to work, but remember to exit out of service mode as it will only transmit the test then.
    Hope this helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

when printing the ricoh count it gives you the serial # of each copier/printer. do like i do, at the top take your pen and label where that count came from and also write the model number on that sheet as well. that's the simple cheap method if you don't want to spend the money on the 3rd party software. works well for me and i just keep up with the counts and turn them in when i return to the office. of course an occasional one gets lost after i drop them off then i go back again.