Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh 2075 "Please wait"

Hi All,
    I have a Ricoh 2075 that will display "Please wait" But will not clear.What might bring this problem up?Any idea's?

Thanks,
    Tech boy

try to disconnect hdd n turn it on

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar
    Try to disconnect hdd and turn it on.After go to SP MODE adn format hdd.If
    this not work change HDD.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you for the info,
    I have not had to look after a 2075 before can you give detailed info on this proceedure?Will the customer loose all the programmed info(Email info etc?)Thanks for your time.

Tech boy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2075 "Please wait"

Yes - formatting / replacing the HDD will wipe out the address book and anything on the Document Server.

If the drive is not completely dead and has documents that the user just has to have it is possible to copy it to a new drive using a Linux Live CD (i.e. Knoppix or Ubuntu) The drives don't have a NTFS or FAT32 format, so they won't show up as anything on a windows system, but Linux has a command that will copy raw data bit for bit between the drives.

Hook both drives to a computer, boot the Live CD, and open a terminal. The command is "dd" and follows the usual "dd <source> <destination>" format, so you have to identify how the drives are detected, but the command will look something like: "dd /dev/sda /dev/sdb" for SATA drives and: "dd /dev/hda /dev/hdb" for IDE drives. "man dd" or "dd --help | less" will get you a help file.

It can take hours to copy a drive, so be patient.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    this can be a hard fault to fix first check the system card is in the m/c sounds mad but i have seen 2 with them taken out.Also remove and clean all the memory dims i have had these fail also.
    i have also seen the copier stay in please wait if the fuser controle has been changed from default i think it was changed to phase controle also check the web roller as i had one last month that had come off the end and lockted in please waite with no indication that the web was at its end if none of these help you will be looking at boards

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you all very much!This should give me a great start.And thank you for taking this much time to explain things in detail.Have a great week end.
    Tech boy

Ricoh 2075 &quot;Please wait&quot;

+1 to Slot's suggestions. They are all good possibilities, but the HDD is the easiest to start with since you don't have to pull covers to format.

I'll vouch for the memory having dirty connections and the web expiring with no message, as I've seen both. Some machines had a big problem with this and there was a firmware update for it, but I think it was an earlier model - not sure - too lazy to look: its saturday, I have 2 kids plus a tagalong today...

One thing I forgot to mention - if they don't have anything on the doc server and just need to backup the address book you don't have to copy the HDD. Most newer machines will allow you to backup the data through the address book in WIM. You have to log in as admin, go to the address book, and select Maintenance.

The older machines don't do this, so you'll have to use Smart Device Monitor for Admin. I loaded it on my laptop so I don't have to ask the customer about using their computer and take the time to load it.

It is also possible to format individual sections of the HDD to reset specific problems without losing the address book or stored documents, but sometimes its hard to figure out what is corrupted, and sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. This assumes the drive is just corrupted and not starting to fail - a good percentage of the drives I format to correct a problem end up getting replaced in a few months. And of course this is a useless discussion if the drive is just plain dead.

Good Luck!
    73 DE W5SSJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    an update,
    As I was wondering how to do all this HD work I had turned off the machine and back on....it cleared.So what now?Is this a fluke?Should I wait and see?Thanks again.

Scott

Ricoh 2075 &quot;Please wait&quot;

Might want to check if there are any relevant SC codes logged in the SMC report - beyond that, its a computer, the occasional brain fart is to be expected.
    73 DE W5SSJ