Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh Aficio MP-C4000

I have a MP-C4000 with a power problem. On the main board AP-C2, it blows fuse FU1 (15A, 125VAC) whenever powered on. If I disconnect jumper AC-1 it will not blow the fuse, but it will give error code SC-582. If anyone knows how I should proceed to diagnose this problem, please let me know. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP-C4000

Standard troubleshooting. Get a few spare fuses .

Find out where AC-1 goes and unplug everything including where AC-1 comes in and check it. If it pops the fuse here the wiring harness is pinched and shorted somewhere.

Kill power and plug the AC-1 harness into the destination board and check it again. Now if it pops the fuse the board is bad.

Start plugging things in and rechecking it one by one. When the fuse blows you've found where the short is - proceed from there.

Nobody likes doing this with mains voltage because it seems dangerous messing with that much power, but its the quickest and easiest way. Just make sure to use the right size fuse.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    thank you. I will try this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Not sure if this will help but i have had 2 mpc4500 do this and it was the fuser drive board i think they call it the IH psu or somthing board it is located down the side by the d/plex

The Ricoh Guy
    does it have a surge protector?

Ricoh Aficio MP-C4000

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    Not sure if this will help but i have had 2 mpc4500 do this and it was the fuser drive board i think they call it the IH psu or somthing board it is located down the side by the d/plex
    The 4500 uses inductive heating - I'm pretty sure the 4000 uses heat lamps, so its a totally different board, but I'm pretty sure your problem connector goes to the AC controller board for the lamps.
    Wouldn't surprise me if there was a short in the fuser causing the whole mess, but guessing never works as well as troubleshooting.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Unfortunately the Apollon-C2 does the same as the C1, when the power supply starts blowing fuses the only cure is to replace it and the IH PCB.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Ricoh Aficio MP-C4000

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Unfortunately the Apollon-C2 does the same as the C1
    Yup - my bad. I don't know why but I was thinking the MPC4500 was unique in the inductive fuser. Actually, I like the concept - mostly because getting the lamps back in right is the hardest part of a fuser rebuild for me - I just wish they designed the fuser to be more servicable.
    In that case, its very likely the IH driver board thats fried. Pray the coil is OK because on the B222 at least its a booger to get out and it has about 5 pounds of copper wrapped around in there which is almost worth its weight in gold.
    Doesn't really matter - either way it works the troubleshooting procedure is the same.
    73 DE W5SSJ

bostjanma
    I had exactly the same problem with MPC 4000. You have the problem with Invertor PCB bord; part no. D029 5172, location: right back side over the duplex unit.

Bostjan

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP-C4000

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Standard troubleshooting. Get a few spare fuses .

Find out where AC-1 goes and unplug everything including where AC-1 comes in and check it. If it pops the fuse here the wiring harness is pinched and shorted somewhere.

Kill power and plug the AC-1 harness into the destination board and check it again. Now if it pops the fuse the board is bad.

Start plugging things in and rechecking it one by one. When the fuse blows you've found where the short is - proceed from there.

Nobody likes doing this with mains voltage because it seems dangerous messing with that much power, but its the quickest and easiest way. Just make sure to use the right size fuse.
    Hi

I got a similar problem here FU1 blows on the PSU at power on.

I have the service manual but it doesnt have any wiring diagrams or chapters which tells you what board does what or the plug/jack locations etc.

Can anyone let me know if there is such manual which will demonstrate this?

Regards