Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Satellite internet? Ricoh 1035

I am hooking up a Ricoh 1035 through a satellite internet modem. The machine pings fine with the computer, but wont print. The modem is a linkysis wrt 16. Vista software and the new ricoh universal print driver were the ones used. Computer recognized print drivers, and named the copier etc just like a normal set up, but wont print after a few dozen tries as reinstall, change ip address, reset modem, computer, turned everything off and on after 5 minute wait, all the usual things to do? Do satellite modems upload so slow that the copier is timing out before the data reaches it? Again thanks in advance for all your help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Satellite internet?  Ricoh 1035

You had me confused when you said a satellite modem. The linksys is actually a wireless router.
    First thing is to double check all of the interface settings (subnet, gateway, make sure you aren't using a duplicate IP address).
    Can you access the Web Interface through your browser? Do you have a pc or laptop available that you can connect directly to the device and try and print to it? I don't much like the Universal drivers and would suggest using a PCL type, but I don't think the driver is the issue.
    When you send a print job, check and see if the data light on the mfp comes on, even momentarily.
    There are many different things that could be the problem so keep checking here for more help that will be forthcoming.

Technician
    They are getting their internet access through satellite, like direct tv. Yes web access is available, and no the print lite does not even flicker when you send something. I did not try hooking the copier up to my laptop to see if it would print from that, but that is on the list of next things to do. I have to install a fax card in it today, so will try to print directly instead of through the router.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Try unplugging the copier from the router and then ping it again, if it still replies then it's a duplicate IP issue which is what it sounds like to me.

Technician
    If you unplug the copier from the router you get no ping. Tried to go in with laptop and laptop fried, so will have to go back again. Fax works fine after installing fax board etc. Changed out universal driver with regular pcl 6 driver and no change, erased and shut down everything and started over with new install, and with same results. could a bad hard drive cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Can you access the Web Interface through your browser?
    Are you sure that you can access this by inputting the IP address into the address bar of your web browser?

Technician
    Do you mean access the copier by putting the copier ip address into the browser like: http//:www.192.168.001.105? And what is supposed to come up on the web browser? Also, I went into the scan features and it shows the server ip address is 192.168.001.101, should I change that ip address to the same as the print? I thought you had to have different ip address for print and scan? Thanks

You should get a web page with the model number of the machine and a few other options such as "configuration" or somesuch.

Personally I'd forget about the scanning for now and get the printing working but, as you've brought it up, these machines only have one IP address, namely that of the sole network card in the machine. You need to install Scanrouter v2 Lite on a PC/server to scan and the IP address of that machine goes into the "delivery option" section under "file transfer" in system settings.

Anyway, what do you get when you put the IP into a web browser?

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Nop. input your MFP IP address as Ex:in your web browser http://192.168.0.105 this must take you to your MFP web page called "WIM" web image monitor. The sever IP address that you see in the scan setup is the IP address of the computer where someone installed the ScanRouter software and has nothing to do with your printer IP, so check that first.
    Ex: 192.168.0.105 subnet mask must be 255.255.255.0 and that gateway must be your wireless routers IP, Ex: 192.168.0.1
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    Ex: 192.168.0.105 subnet mask must be 255.255.255.0 and that gateway must be your wireless routers IP, Ex: 192.168.0.1
    Although you could set the gateway as 0.0.0.0