Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Just want to clear this up - are you saying that the ONLY finishers compatible with the streampunch are the SR4050 and SR5010 (as in Unisys12's first post) with ANY machine or with the Savin 9090? Im still getting jams in the duplexer and the finisher on the AF2105 and SR841 - not a jam as such, the paper just stops so IM convinced its a timing issue. Ive tried all fixes suggested to me, even Shadows middle roller trick on the green belt but nothing has sorted it out yet. Now im wondering if its the wrong finisher after re-reading this post.
    I was only speaking of the Savin 9090. That's where the SR4050 and SR5010 came in. Again, my combo had a timing issue that was resolved by the beta firmware only because the newer series machines do not print at their rated speeds from beginning to end. They start out slower and speed up to a speed faster than their rated speed. But throughout the job, they run their avg rated speed.

The problem, again only with my issue, was the fact that the third party product (the StreamPunch) ran at 90 pages a minute when connected to the 9090. So, at the beginning of the job, the 9090 might start out at 80 ppm and the GBC would be running at 90. The GBC would try to compensate for the timing differences, but it couldn't. Then jam. All the firmware did was allow the 9090 to run at 90ppm from beginning to end.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Until now I was lucky regarding this matter. The only configuration with a GBC I have includes an Aficio 7001 and unisys12 has perfectly right. The only solution for this variable speed problem is the beta firmware. Until now was no problems with the GBC, but my customer didn't start yet to use the beast at full potential. They have only 9000 pages printed on this machine....
    Anyway I can tell until now that this configuration GBC + 7001 + SR 5000 must be perfectly leveled or it will give you major jamming issues and dog ears and jams in duplex, in inverter or the sheets will drop in between machine and GBC....
    Another problem with GBC is the punches that are stuck due to static to the punch head instead of dropping in the punches collection bucket, even the GBC, machine and finisher are properly grounded....I had no explanation for this until now so we still monitor it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I had a problem with the punches chads jamming up the backgate solenoid. This caused it to punch deeper into the pages so i made a guide or shield out of a OHP sheet and glued it near the solenoid. Seemed to have worked cause I havn't had that problem since.

However, the chads seem to go everywhere but in the waste bin!

So, Stephend - you have the beta firmware too? Maybe its what I need....Also, any ideas what makes it jam in the duplex / inverter? I mean, the paper hasn't even been punched when it goes i there.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    There is a one way gear on back of fusing unit that drives exit rollers that fails as well
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Hard for me to understand how GBC was accepted as a thrid party provider for Ricoh. It looks like Japan never heard about this North American deal...because it didn't bother to modify the machine firmware to recognise the stupid GBC. On the display the machine pictogram doesn't show the GBC...and if you don't power the machine & GBC in the right sequence...nothing works. I forgot to instruct the customer when I installed this crap..so hours later I had already my first recall for this...hahahhaha.
    Yup the punches are everywhere except the bucket...but hey the metal panels are solid and the electrostatic paint is well done...so I think will be pretty good deal when will be to recycle this piece of....