Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shawn

savin 8045e sc322

broaght machine to shop to do a pm. 50 mile trip. removed everything but laser unit and blew machine out as it was very very dirty. after doing pm pwr up and get sc322 OK so blowing out machine with laser unit in wasn't a good idea. removed laser unit and cleaned everything up three times, still get sc322 replaced LD board and Laser sinc board. did sp110 and sp109 still get sc322 didn't get this sc until after machine got here. HELP!!
    shawn

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I don't think this has a shutter, but there are 4 safety switches for the laser. 2 on the front door and 2 on the transfer door. Are they working properly? All that moving might have displaced one.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    You've broken it!

Do you have another laser unit to try in the machine? I don't mean individual boards, a whole laser assy. If not, can you get into SP mode and do the auto pitch adjustments for 400 and 600dpi? If so, can you hear the ticking/groaning noise when it does this adjustment?

I'd also check the door switches as DLP said.

shawn

sc322

I have checked the V @ pin 1&3 on cn 403 of the LD board and I have 5V
    I think that is after the safty sw so they should be working right??
    or am I missing something their?

No Dont have a complete laser unit except out of a 2535 going to try and switch LD boards and see if I can get it to work today.

anymore ideas greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas.
    thanks
    shawn

shawn
    Oh ya! I can hear the LD motor when I do auto pitch adj.

shawn
    OK just got through putting laser unit out of 2535 w/LD board of 8045 in and mach. works great.YEH!!
    I think what happened is when I cleaned all the toner dust off of the reflector in the laser unit I scratch them. they are not made of glass much to my surprise.
    thanks for the help and ideas I love this site.

thanks again
    shawn

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It is happened to me today, 1045,,,, after replacing the drum and PM parts, the toner was dropped all over the machine, I cleaned it well then SC322 and SC326, came.

I am really upset from this design, every thing are great in this machine except the laser issues., any other solution can solve this issue without changing the LD unit or the full laser housing.

I can change it but this is not the solution!!!! It is too costly.

Advice plz

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Usually blown laser units on these filthy pieces of poo are caused by them being drowned in toner. The C4 variant seems to be the worst for this. Unfortunately if you are getting constant 322 / 326 even after replacing all 6 door switches you have to replace the entire laser unit. There's no other way around it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician
    Is it possible to buy a complete laser unit? If so does anyone know the part #?

Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    I've got no idea what Savin models are but on the old 35/45 machines with SC322 you had to loosen the screws then crank the laser unit up a bit - something to do with the detector slot being too small - that was on a technical bulletin too!