Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MP 4000 bad toner (MP 3500)

Hello,
    Do you have background with the Ricoh toner MP4000E, part nr: 841347, lot nr: 9J7 939 01 ????
    Because on 3 copiers, this toner with the same lot number make background after 50 copies.
    Thanks and happy new year 2010.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP 4000 bad toner (MP 3500)

Hi,
    According to my information your machine suppose to use 884922 type of toner (I am in North America so not sure if it is applicable to EU). Check this out with a local Dealer or Ricoh office in Europe
    Switzerland
    RICOH SCHWEIZ AG
    St. Josefenstrasse 30
    9001 St. Gallen
    Tel. +41 (0) 71 274 83 00
    Fax +41 (0) 71 274 83 90
    Mail info@ricoh.ch
    Web www.ricoh.ch

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I had a MP4000 today with background and only 14,000 copies on it. Had to change the developer. That is the 3rd MP4000 in my territory now that has needed a developer change with under 50k.
    That B2969640 developer is absolute crap and I have never got more than 160k out of it. Funny how for a Savin 8045e its rated for 160k but 320k in a MP4000. The B0649640 goes in a Savin 8045 (incompatible with a 8045e) and easily goes 160-200k. Supposedly the B2969640 is more environmentally friendly than the B0649640.
    I have 23 Savin 8045e's and when they put those in 2 years ago, not one of them was getting 50k out of that developer. With the mods now I average about 120k, so it is improving but 320k is a joke.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The B296 developer rarely goes 160k in our MP4000's and MP5000's without causing background, but it seems to run a lot better once you install the new developer unit with the coated mag roller and 3 filters instead of one, part #D0092301.

Technician
    I'm in the UK and this product has been the bain of our lives,it is rubbish
    There are a number of RTB's on this problem,and the UK toner has been changed.
    Has the mag roll been cleaned,these coat up in next to no time,and we run all our machines
    very light toner density

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    there is a service bulletin for a updated dv unit with a new coating on the mag roller to prevent this.
    the new part number is D0092301
    Attached Files Attached Files

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    there is a service bulletin for a updated dv unit with a new coating on the mag roller to prevent this.
    the new part number is D0092301
    I think the main point is, why did they ship these damned machines when they simply don't work properly!?

If this new roller has a coating and develops a film (which it will eventually) How do you clean the roller without removing the protective coating??

Does anyone have updates re the experiments with retrofitting AF2045 dev and toner?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    If this new roller has a coating and develops a film (which it will eventually) How do you clean the roller without removing the protective coating??

I've had no problem cleaning the new mag rollers the same way I clean the old ones. I use a scratch pad, and the new ones still run better than the old ones. And if the coating does happen to strip away or come off, you can apply some Rain-X to the mag roller and it does pretty much the same thing.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Config page instructions for copiers, printers, & fax machines

Technician 50+ Posts
    I typically throw out the development unit when I first get a machine I haven't worked on before in my area. I upgrade it to the newest unit and clean out the drum unit very well. Then I put in the developer and block the developer entrance with paper and close the unit up. Then change the voltages in 2201 up 100 each. I had an unofficial guide from a dealer that gave me voltages for drum grounding and if it didn't fall within a certain range that a grounding tab should be added and none ever really have fallen within the range except maybe one or two out of the many I have seen. Grounding tab part number is A0962341. run it from the drum shaft (have to bend it to shape around frame) to the top left screw of the motor sitting next to it. I use some conductive grease to help with the connection. Then after that i run 13 skyshots with a one inch white leading edge to prevent jamming then initialize the developer and remove the paper i blocked the development unit with. This method has proven to work very well for me.