Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Print from USB

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Print from USB

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The MPC2550 can do it, you can get an optional USB stick and SD card interface to connect devices to, it uses PictBridge to print them.
    Problem with using PictBridge is that is requires the camera to trigger the printing and its doesnt support DPOF, so it would print all or nothing. Also I am not sure it will print anything that is not a pix, (jpg, png,etc)

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Print from USB

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    The only Ricoh machines that can print from USB are the newer ones with Fierys attached - you use the USB port on the Fiery.
    This looks like the solution but it also looks like they took away "scan to usb" with the Fiery.
    I am looking at the EFI8100 brochure. I think there is a new EFI for the C4000 but cant find anything on it.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    This looks like the solution but it also looks like they took away "scan to usb" with the Fiery.
    I am looking at the EFI8100 brochure. I think there is a new EFI for the C4000 but cant find anything on it.
    The E8100 can scan to USB, although probably not in the way we're thinking.

If you have a FACI kit installed in it (optional), you can hook up a keyboard, monitor, and mouse to it. You would then use Fiery Remote Scan to scan to a local file, which in this case, would be the USB. There are 2 USB ports on the front of it.

The E5100 (RIP for the C4000) can't do this.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    If you are thinking about using a fiery controller, you can also think about placing an old PC or Laptop near the copier to print from USB Stick. It's not that expensive as to use a fiery.
    Good point!

You can do the same for scanning, as well.

The difference is that the Fiery Remote Scan tool can not only load as TWAIN driver, but it's freestanding, too - meaning that you can scan directly to file without having a host application, such as Acrobat or the like,
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Print from USB

What is the FAC1 option?

A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    What is the FAC1 option?
    Glad you asked.

Tye FACI is the "Fiery Advanced Controller Interface", that allows a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to be attached to the Fiery.

Without it, those ports do nothing once Windows starts on the RIP.

(Notice I mentioned Windows - that means that it's not an option for the Linux based RIPs.)

The FACI is a one-time dongle that actually flashes the BIOS on the motherboard to use the peripherals. Once it's used, it can't be re-used on another Fiery. (When EFI has the Fieries built, the motherboard has a special BIOS which cuts off the peripherals once the OS starts.)

BTW... another way to scan on quite a few Fieries is to scan to a mailbox on the Fiery, then use Fiery remote Scan or the web interface to retrieve it. You can also set the Fiery to delete the scans after a set period of time (the default is one day.).

Technician
    RICOH MP C300/400 can do that native --> Print from Media

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Most newer Konica Minolta's can do it as well. Do not even need the fiery. They do need the hard drive option because it is under the system user box for finding the usb drive.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!