Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2500/3500 drum units

The warranty I was talking about is the warranty in general not that which covers parts from the box.

jokes or insults apart, it seems that the thread has lost direction. Could we give the guy a chance to explain himself and perhaps learn something new then we can all comment.
    Voluntary assistance can be your greatest gift once you do not degrade the recipient.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura View Post
    The warranty I was talking about is the warranty in general not that which covers parts from the box.
    The general warranty doesn't cover consumable parts

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have a supply of new drums. I replace the drum, with compatible yes. I also replace the drum cleaning blade and coating bar. I clean the charge roller. Have not had any problems yet.
    My boss would skin me alive for discussing prices. So I'm just going to say... A hell of a lot cheaper.

The only thing I need are the cover plates. The ducking holder for the locking clip keeps breaking.

That sound interesting. Just one question what about the charge roller cleaning roller. Most of the times I find that this wears out at the edges and can not be cleaned as it crumbles.
    Voluntary assistance can be your greatest gift once you do not degrade the recipient.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Compressed air. Once the unit is apart and the brackets for the cleaning blade are put away safely the whole unit is air dusted.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Sorry for reviving this old thread.

I'm finding the drum blades are not lasting very long (15k or less). Cleaning & re-priming the blade doesn't help at all. So far all that I've found is assemblies. What I would really like is the drum cleaning unit or the blade only. The lower seal and drum and primary seem to be fine. Where do you purchase the blade or cleaning unit separately? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

re ricoh techs replacing colour units with moded blacks, i have been told that we have to fit colour pcu's to colour and black to black. only takes a slip up on cutting/sanding the connector wrong and you have a full gearbox in the back of the machine to replace. my old company did the mods but was a horrible job when one engineer smashed the connector in the back of the machine.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by collme View Post
    re ricoh techs replacing colour units with moded blacks, i have been told that we have to fit colour pcu's to colour and black to black. only takes a slip up on cutting/sanding the connector wrong and you have a full gearbox in the back of the machine to replace. my old company did the mods but was a horrible job when one engineer smashed the connector in the back of the machine.
    Yeah you have to be careful if it doesn't go in file some more off. I haven't broken one yet.

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

also by doing the dev change followed by dev unit change when they hit life, the pcu's will last longer. many engineers are running the dev units thinking there is no problem as the c/q is ok, if they are left past life then pcu's will not last life.