Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

AF-2075 SAV-4075

Does anyone have bulletins on this nightmare i'm going through. Noise from the recycling tube in front of the pcu. The pcu is clogged up and in some cases snaps the coil. Let me tell you what i have done and it is not with just one machine i have about 11 of these doing the same thing over and over again. I have replaced the lower pcu, recycling tube assly, gear after gear, all parts related to the pcu (gears, bushings, of coarse the drum and blade because it gets f----- when the coil snaps. I also replace the developer every time i replace the pcu assly. All is calibrated at that time (3001-2962-2801). All of these machines are in high volume locations. What the hell is going on or what am i missing here. I do the fix and 1 or 2 weeks later they call in for the same shit. Go out there and the same deal (clogged pcu). Help on this one much appreciated. If there are any bulletins on this one that would be fantastic. I need to get to the bottom of this. Thanks so much t.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I have had this happen but replacing the lower PCU has always fixed it. How many copies is it going after you put in the new lower PCU until it breaks again ? Is the tube full of toner when the coil breaks ? Have you replaced the toner separation unit ?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Few things I can think of; non-OEM toner. Are you using B064 developer? What sort of environment are the machines in? High humidity or cold conditions could be causing the recycled toner to clump together. msaeger is bang on with the toner sep case too, if the mylars have been shed it could be that the recycling system is backing up. Try stripping out and vac'ing the waste system in the back too, there could be a broken coil in there. Do you ever get SC495 or 590 around the time of the fault occuring?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    msaeger, copies could be from 10,000 to 15,000 copies whithin the 2 week period, and most of the time the pcu is too clogged to hand off the toner through the tube, so no it is usually dirty but no clogged. i can take the tube off and spin the residual out into a can. the sep case have been done to the units that are missing the mylars inside that tonermunkeh speaks of.

tonermunkeh, toner is oem and the dev is type 24, the environment the machines are in are normal temperature conditions but high volume. the 495 and 590 is up for discusion and can talk all day about these codes. they are just routine for us on all these machines. but no we do not get them when the pcu thing happens but just thinking about it makes sense. if not going through fast enough could back up the pcu. but should't it trigger the code before the clogging starts to happen. we make sure the waste is emptied out though so the transport coil into the waste tank doesn't snap triggering the 590. i think it's just a matter of discusion and thinking this one through full circle. thanks in advance for more discusion on this one. T

former propeller tester 250+ Posts
    are quench lamps working or plugged in