Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPC6000

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Could you post a copy of Service bulletin 069? Haven't seen that one this side of the pond (Or I'm losing the plot).
    From TSB 69 -
    If an NVRAM Clear procedure is performed on the D078/D079, the toner ID data from IC2 on the VBCU Board will be erased. Even if NVRAM data is uploaded to an SD card before clearing it, the data stored on IC2 will not be uploaded. Once the NVRAM clear is performed, this IC2 data is lost and cannot be reprogrammed. DO NOT PERFORM NVRAM CLEAR.

Currently, the only resolution for this issue is to replace the VBCU Board and the IC2. These “new” parts will be registered soon and will have a different part number than the current VBCU Board. Once registered, the field will be notified.

NOTE: The VBCU/IC2’s currently in stock will NOT correct this issue. You will need to wait until the new parts are available. The final resolution will be new Engine firmware that will prevent this data from being erased from IC2 on the VBCU Board when the NVRAM is cleared.
    NOTE: In the event that an NVRAM clear appears necessary, it is recommended to replace it instead, or wait until the “new” firmware is released. As always, print out an SMC before replacing or clearing any NVRAM.
    This TSB is dated 11/9/09 - If you log into TSC, there is a big blinking banner pointing you to this TSB!!

Holy crap!! I have one of these going in Ole Miss next month!! I only have one 6045 (B132) in my area and it has work pretty much without a hitch for almost 700K now. Only hitch was a similar condition and it was a clutch.

[EDIT] I just double checked and found that we are installing a D015, so I'm safe. Woo Hoo!! [/EDIT]

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Thanks a lot unisys12 for posting the info!
    I was really busy those days
    The really interesting part of all this TB is the NOTE:

In the event that an NVRAM clear appears necessary, it is recommended to replace it instead, or
    wait until the “new” firmware is released. As always, print out an SMC before replacing or clearing
    any NVRAM.

This "New" firmware is not yet available so a NVRAM clear is a 50%-50% job...very risky in my opinion.

Today I visited one of my MPC6000 and I was not just surprised but really intrigued by this machine. Since it was installed almost a year ago I never got a call...Personally I believed that the customer returned the machine...cause at the beginning they had problems with printing from Mac OS so I was really surprised to see the machine there running like crazy...with no light image density problems. The answer for this no problems behavior is humidity controlled environment and a decent usage of the machine in the manufacturer recommended monthly range.

Another subject I want to touch tonight is the quality of the parts since almost everything (for almost all models) is now made in China. For tha last 2 days we had to refurbish 4 3260 units for resale. Everything was ordered brand new and managers insisted to replace transfer units with new ones. From 4 units received 2 were defective. One came with a 6000 MUSIC sensor installed instead of the correct 3260 one and another one was with the transfer high voltage board defective....so again a 50/50 this time on quality side. Being in a controlled environment was not a big deal to fix fast those errors but for the field will be a disaster especially if you have a frustrated and on the edge customer. It is not the first time when I bring this parts quality issue to my managers and they still consider it isolated incidents. I think a new thread strictly related parts quality can be useful, maybe one day somebody from Ricoh quality control will read it

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    "...........This TSB is dated 11/9/09 - If you log into TSC, there is a big blinking banner pointing you to this TSB!!"

Not on TESSA in the UK.

Technician
    Just an update popped in today to check on machine all is ok so I think when this fault occurs (original post) try checking 3817 codes. you may have to force toner into toner pump first.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC6000

Attached Service Bulletin #69R. As requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MPC6000

Does this apply to the subject C6000/7500 also?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    So in a nutshell DO NOT do a NVRAM clear, just try 3817 check the current settings for all colours they should be 0 you can execute clear all.

I have tried this when the machine would not accept a new toner cartidge and to-date it's still working (touching wood).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC6000

Yes it does (D014/D015/D078/D079).

Technician paperclipsandbubblegum's Avatar
    No such bulletin as 069 ? although I ran into this same problem last week with both cyan and magenta toners together. Check Sp 3812 dev set up result should return 1111 if 4 in any colour indicates set up failure. This will cause the add toner condition and will not clear. As Tsc04 states a memory clear does fix this but not an all clear only and engine clear is required (make sure you print out the non-default page there will be some re-inputting to do ) VERY IMPORTANT to note that firmware MUST be at level 1.51 minimum. After you've done all that SP3811 for all units check 3812 again for 1111. Discard all toners in machine and replace with new. Independent toner supplier will be displayed and that can be disabled with SP5051 to 1.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC6000

Quote Originally Posted by sakura View Post
    Does this apply to the subject C6000/7500 also?
    Yes it does (D014/D015/D078/D079).