Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPC6000

Technician

MPC6000

Add toner light on cyan although toner in machine new cartidge.

Stripped and vacced out toner pump assy still says add toner.

Removed ops panel and under tray and ran self diag on toner motor- toner clutch- primer clutch. Watched both clutches working ok.

After running for no more than 15s switched off/on.

Now message gone I take it toner has obviously reached end sensor and so

now forcing machine to accept toner cart, but is this only a temp fix.

Will it call for a new cartidge next time it runs out even though new one in!!!!

Anyone had this, I read somewhere that if you fit new dev which I had,
    and the toner is low it can cause this fault. Remedy, change dev again!!!

jim.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    You didn't mention if you used the SP 3401 temp fix.
    Turn off SP2401, set 10 for SP3410, after do a forced toner with SP 2251 for the color with problems. It could work or not...chances are 50% - 50%...
    If is not working is no other chance than replacing the developer and new toner bottles. Because a firmware bug (finally Ricoh admit it) the toner cartridge chip is "filled" with wrong information regarding the amount left in the bottle and this information once is there can not be overwritten

Technician
    stephend thanx for your reply was given a code SP3817 and check the relevent colour I must admit this is an experiment at the mo.

If all set to 0 then fine I found cyan and black set to 1 the other two were at 0. This time I made sure there was plenty toner in machine before replacing cyan and black devs again. when set up I went back into 3817 to check values this of course was after checking 3815 and initialising the devs all were now at 1 so I pressed all clear they all went to 0. I did an AC and ran a few hundred colour jobs using customers jobs. All seems well at the mo. I will keep updating this post.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    I was skimming through the TESSA site the other day and I'm sure I saw new firmware related to this. Re changing the devs, in the UK they are about £820 per set (!)

I know that are not cheap at all but what we can do...if you read the latest bulletins they are recommending for every action to replace dev....It doesn't come out from Tech Support pocket

Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    I know that are not cheap at all but what we can do...if you read the latest bulletins they are recommending for every action to replace dev....It doesn't come out from Tech Support pocket
    See attached (From tame Ricoh contact) BUT check the 5990-2 SP modes afterwards and re-load manually if required.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I won't recommend the NVRAM clear on those machines neither to my worst enemy without Manager's written approval hahahaha. Let him take the heat. Service bulletin 069 REISSUED states that if an NVRAM Clear procedure is performed on these machines, the toner ID data from IC2 on the VBCU Board will be erased. Even if NVRAM data is uploaded to an SD card before clearing it, the data stored on IC2 will not be uploaded. Once the NVRAM clear is performed, this IC2 data is lost and cannot be reprogrammed so you will trigger the "independent toner supply" msg. DO NOT PERFORM NVRAM CLEAR.
    My opinion about this...is way to costly for me to risk a NVRAM clear without back up from upstairs cause Tech Support knows something that we don't....Japan told them probably that the bugs in the firmware will be corrected probably when they will launch the replacement for this crappy machines...
    Instead of a fix they replaced the machine emblem with a PRO one and now our problems are multiplied by 100 Every cheap printing shop bought these crappy machines and they are pounding them with all kind of crappy stocks...and at 5% RH imagine what is the result.....a very very frustrated tech

Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    I won't recommend the NVRAM clear on those machines neither to my worst enemy without Manager's written approval hahahaha. Let him take the heat. Service bulletin 069 REISSUED states that if an NVRAM Clear procedure is performed on these machines, the toner ID data from IC2 on the VBCU Board will be erased. Even if NVRAM data is uploaded to an SD card before clearing it, the data stored on IC2 will not be uploaded. Once the NVRAM clear is performed, this IC2 data is lost and cannot be reprogrammed so you will trigger the "independent toner supply" msg. DO NOT PERFORM NVRAM CLEAR.
    My opinion about this...is way to costly for me to risk a NVRAM clear without back up from upstairs cause Tech Support knows something that we don't....Japan told them probably that the bugs in the firmware will be corrected probably when they will launch the replacement for this crappy machines...
    Instead of a fix they replaced the machine emblem with a PRO one and now our problems are multiplied by 100 Every cheap printing shop bought these crappy machines and they are pounding them with all kind of crappy stocks...and at 5% RH imagine what is the result.....a very very frustrated tech
    The doc came from technical and I believe originated in Japan. The independent toner supply disappears after they are all changed again BUT it seems this procedure may cause toner density problems which in turn lead to spurious codes and restarts.

We are being told the 6001 / 7501 "with lots of improvements" is on the way but there are so many MPC6000s in stock (Go figure!!) it may be 9 months before we see them!!

I CAN'T WAIT!

Could you post a copy of Service bulletin 069? Haven't seen that one this side of the pond (Or I'm losing the plot).

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MPC6000

I'd like to see that one too.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+