Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    owner/technican

Angry scan size on ricoh 3235-c

the scan size of doc. in pdf is very large. the scan program BOTH machines used was INFAN VIEW and converted to pdf using desktop pdf. i scanned two doc's. one was 143kb and the other was 188kb. both convert to pdf files. i scanned the SAME doc's on a samsung 4725 using the SAME scam program and pdf converter. on the samsung the doc's were 4.67kb and 16.4kb. the sizes are in the same order i scanned on both. any help on this? whay are the rocoh doc's bigger and the samsung? thanks howard

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Maybe the Samsung uses some kind of PDF-compression. I find 4 kB and 16 Kb very small. Can you actually read documents of this size?

owner/technican
    yes when i print them out on the samsung 4725 both the scanned and printed copy are the same size

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Maybe the Savin was changed from a Default DPI or 200 to something higher.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    I would check like what Vulkor said, the dpi and also if it is scanning in color or black and white that changes the output size and what format you used to scan (tiff or jpg) for both equipment. you said you use desktop pdf to convert to pdf the Ricoh copier can do that for you. The format you originally scan will affect the final output file size.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Pretty sure it must have something to do with the way your machine is set up. I will double check the scanning resolution. I must agree with Eric1968, 4K is really small. The 144K size sound way more normal for a standard page 8.5 x 11" or A4.
    Did you try to print the 4K doc to see how it looks....pretty sure is not a good quality.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Yep Screen quality vs Print Quality is a World of Difference. Learned that long ago while using a program called PRIMO PDF. It converts any document you can print to PDF. Options like Screen Print or Publication print make a big difference.