Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh MPc3000 printing envelopes

customer having problem with printing envelopes. So i look into this setting bypass tray up to use c10 envelope using word and envelope setup. Its print in wrong direction and also wrinkles envelope. Look in manuals for envelope printing. couldn't find any info.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    The wrinkling is par for the course on many (if not damn near all) Ricoh products. It the envelopes are of questionable quality the issue will be worse. I've not found any real solution. As of the text direction perhaps driver settings? Maybe try a different driver if you can.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The rinklin solution is easy all i say to the customer is the postman sits,scrunches and folds it by the time it arrives and that gets most of my customers off my back.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Good luck with getting any Ricoh MFP to print envelopes reliably - they just won't.

You can, though, try to minimize the wrinkling by feeding the envelope with the flap open, and putting the open end as the trailing edge.

Supposedly, the main cause of wrinkling is because air gets trapped in the envelope, and between the heat and pressure in the fuser, it causes wrinkles.

Also, make sure that the paper type for the bypass tray is set to "Envelope", if not already.

You may need to experiment quite a bit with the settings in the driver to get the orientation right; sadly, there is no "fixed" answer to that one.

Hopefullly this machine wasn't sold as an envelope printer.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Make sure customer using Envelope Template in their Application. Such as MSWORD. I see many times people just set margins and tabs on a normal document. This causes directional issues.
    Gonna agree with all the above about Ricoh and Envelopes..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Good luck with getting any Ricoh MFP to print envelopes reliably - they just won't.

You can, though, try to minimize the wrinkling by feeding the envelope with the flap open, and putting the open end as the trailing edge.

Supposedly, the main cause of wrinkling is because air gets trapped in the envelope, and between the heat and pressure in the fuser, it causes wrinkles.

Also, make sure that the paper type for the bypass tray is set to "Envelope", if not already.

You may need to experiment quite a bit with the settings in the driver to get the orientation right; sadly, there is no "fixed" answer to that one.

Hopefullly this machine wasn't sold as an envelope printer.
    I agree, best you can do is run it flap open.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

Ricoh's official policy is that they do not support envelopes at all. When I was told this, by my regional solutions rep, I freaked out on him!
    I have a boat load of B222's and the like running envelopes like made.

Only issue I ever ran into was one client that used WordPerfect X12. 8 out of 12 workstations ran fine, the others turned the print and I could not nail down the cause. I could rule out the MFP though, because the majority of the office could print envelopes properly. Other than that, the only other issue was that the client could not load enough envelopes at one time.

If you check the Op Manuals, you will find that it states that you have to run the envelopes face down with the flaps open LEF. Also, there are two types of C10 envelopes. One with a short flap and one with a long flap. Our MFPs only support short flap C10's. If you run the envelopes SEF, you will get wrinkling not matter what.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KenB's way works very good. My customers all work with that. good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjaig View Post
    KenB's way works very good. My customers all work with that. good luck

KenB? That some sort of Envelope Brand?

I've only seen ENV work well in 20CPM or slower B&W machines from Savin/Ricoh.

Technician

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh MPc3000 printing envelopes

On almost all Ricoh family copiers (Ricoh, Savin, Lanier, etc) using Word envelope wizard, and feeding through the bypass tray, flap open, open side trailing, will feed right through. Envelope may (read "will") wrinkle, this is spelled right out in the Operators manual. Using envelopes that have the sealed parts on the edge, instead of the middle will give much better results. There are other instructions in the FAQ on Ricoh site to create a template, but that is more work than its worth.

https://ricoh.custhelp.com/app/answe...lope/related/1