Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

3260 overtoning b/w mode

This machine has only 9k copies/prints after replacement of Black Developer. Suddenly it has heavy background on copies and the toner llasts for a few thousands clicks. This is the reason why i replaced developer the first time i faced this problem. (Machine usually prints b/w.)
    I read a previous post for this problem and there are two solutions suggested to: 1) Toner clutch replacement-i think it's assembly 2) Drum cleaning brush assy.
    I need some help or confirmation about that, or even if there is something new.
    Thanks for any iput...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    What is the TD sensor reading?
    Don't take that toner with me!

I didn't see it yet...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    Replace the toner clutch , I have seen this happen also ( over-toning ) ,its on the backside of the toner bank, which is right inside the front door ,its not too bad to do. You may also want to make sure the firmware is up to date , I remember something in one of the read me files about toner add, for sure check engine and system.

You mean the whole Toner Supply Unit (B2003335)? I cannot find toner clutch part number separately in spare parts.
    This problem appeared immediately after toner replacement, two times. First time i replaced developer, this time i vacuumed toner under developer roller, disengaged toner clutch and run some copies. CQ now is very good for many prints.
    I have an idea, to put a toner clutch from another color Toner Supply Unit, to see what happens...
    TD sensor reading is 4.69V.
    Thank a lot for your replies...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    There is a part number for the clutch B1323354, make sure you clean the ID sensors under the transfer belt also.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    That sounds like a pretty high TD sensor reading. Check your Vref, If it is less than your TD sensor reading (it's usually 4v or so on Ricoh's) that may be a clue to what is going on. The machine thinks it needs toner, and keeps adding it to try to bring the TD reading below Vref.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I've had this several times, on color and black. Toner supply clutch sticks on and just force feeds the toner into the developer assy. Replace the clutch and youu'll be good to go. you can verify this SOMETIMES by taking the toner bank off and turning the toner supply motor. You will see the cltch turning stuck... sometimes but not always.. sometimes jarring it around while taking it off will cause the clutch to seem good, but it's still not. You can always use the input/output to check the clutches and listen for the clicks.